Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug found.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bug found. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug found. - 5/10/2001 12:04:00 AM   
TheDruid

This isn't new, I just assumed it would be fixed in this version, and it wasn't. using v4 to present, on WindowsNT 4.0 server & workstation, SPWAW works GREAT except for 1 thing; when you go to the purchase screen in campaign mode, and click on the mission description tab, the game locks up hard. I've tested this on about 6 different type machines, and every service pack from SP3 to SP6a; I just try to guess the mission now from the maps and points allocated, but that doesn't tell you weather.... Mirror for 4.5 to 5.0 upgrade

Post #: 1
- 5/10/2001 12:22:00 AM   
David F. Wall

My guess is you're running into the complete lack of support for later versions of DirectX on Windows NT. As far ask I know, you can't get support for DirectX versions beyond 3.0 on Windows NT, no matter what Service Pack you're at, and the game is not guaranteed to run on anything earlier that DirectX 6.1

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 2
- 5/10/2001 2:13:00 AM   
Fuerte

Another very old bug: When you click on each recon unit for the first time, the movement range is not displayed correctly (if C&C is on, and it is on by default). I guess that this is so old bug (I first noticed and reported it when I tried 2.x for the very first time) that it will never be fixed. Still, it affects every game I play, I wonder why anyone else is not complaining.

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 3
- 5/10/2001 2:18:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Win NT has a couple of idiosyncrasies we just didn;t have the time to overcome, It is fully functional (that I have found) on win2k, but a few things like that hang in NT 4. Fuerte: You just have to click twice on the unit...this is one of those that is just too hard to fix for teh benefit it gives...

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 4
- 5/10/2001 9:46:00 AM   
TheDruid

If you would give me an indication of what you have found is causing the game to lock up on clicking the mission description button in NT, I would make an effort to fixing it myself; there are very few games which play on NT, and thats the ONLY thing keeping SPWAW from being 100% compatable; surely thats a selling point?

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 5
- 5/10/2001 11:42:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I wish I knew - but the programmer doesn;t have an NT rig and I don;t know enough about how NT works to help...we are focusing our efforts on ME/WIN2k as the main platforms we design for. NT 4 is just not a game platform...

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 6
- 5/11/2001 10:58:00 PM   
Fuerte

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: You just have to click twice on the unit...this is one of those that is just too hard to fix for teh benefit it gives...
Yes, that may be, but it still seems odd that using N and P keys works ok while clicking on the unit does not. To me it seems that the click routine should just call the N/P routine.

(in reply to TheDruid)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Bug found. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI