Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble with PBEM Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Trouble with PBEM Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble with PBEM Game - 6/15/2005 1:21:13 AM   
gazfun

My friend and I recently purchased this game, and we have just started a new PBEM game.
The trick is that the manuel seems a little fauge, which files get sent to the other player yes I have tried the ADX file and the AMX file and stiil no go
I have selected the scenario
Then PBEM french
Give orders to all Corps and units
then press the hour glass icon
then I get a message saying "Send files to other player"
I send the above files.
The other player get the files I assume puts them in the right folder, Then he gets a message that all corps are being removed, and then a victory screen comes up and the Austrian wins
So you can see very frustrating
Please give me more details on this option, I realise we may be doing something simple wrong here but tell me what?

< Message edited by gazfun -- 6/15/2005 12:49:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 6/24/2005 8:00:34 AM   
Erik Rutins

gazfun,

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com and I'll work through this together with you.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 6/24/2005 8:20:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gazfun,

This is the response from Frank, please e-mail me to continue troubleshooting this:

quote:

I haven't been able to get the same result yet. Any chance I could hear from the Austrian player as to what he is doing?

The French player is doing it right. Then, when the Austrian player receives the two files (.ADX and .AMX) he needs to put them in his "savedgames" folder, then he runs the game and selects "Continue saved game" at the start screen. He then gives his orders, clicks the hourglass and he will be told to send the files back.

This is the sequence for the first turn only. After that, players will have to playback the previous turn before they can give orders. The playback buttons being at the bottom of the button panel and only visible when there is a playback to run.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 6/28/2005 10:28:12 AM   
gazfun

Yes he has done that, and he should of emailed you with the files
Is there any chance we can get this issue under way a bit more, as it has been a couple of weeks now
I was wondering if some files got corrupted in the download

Post #: 4
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 6/28/2005 1:20:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

gazfun,

I've been moving on this as fast as possible - I have not yet received an e-mail from your opponent. Please remind him to re-send. Also, most of Matrix Games will be traveling over the next two days to get to Origins and we will only have limited e-mail access there, so there may unfortunately be some additional delays until we return. I will be checking e-mail once a day while there and will forward any info you or your opponent provide to Frank.

It's possible something may be corrupt on either side, given that this is not they way things usually work or have worked (we released this in March, 2004 and this is the first such report).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 5
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 7/1/2005 4:32:21 PM   
gazfun

These Files have been sent you yesterday

Post #: 6
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 7/6/2005 9:36:39 AM   
gazfun

I was wondering Erik how is the progress on solving this problem I am having, I have sent you files .adx and .amx did you get them?
I really want to play this game, and I cant get this function working at all.
I have recently had shipped to me the CD, reloaded the game and reinstalled the patches 2.1 and 2.2 and still no go on the PBEM game

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 7
RE: Trouble with PBEM Game - 7/8/2005 8:45:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just replied to you via e-mail. Once I returned from Origins, I forwarded the files to Frank with a request for him to keep me posted on a solution. I have not heard back yet, but will get in touch with him again today. Sorry it has taken so long, I hope we will have an answer today or by Monday.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gazfun)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Trouble with PBEM Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI