Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HELP!! BIG Problem with WWII Campaign!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> HELP!! BIG Problem with WWII Campaign! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP!! BIG Problem with WWII Campaign! - 5/26/2001 1:34:00 AM   
snej77

Hi, I have been playing Steel Panthers for ages now, just recently found out about SPWaW - so I started a long WWII Campaing with version 5.0 - but everything the AI buys is INFANTRY, INFANTRY, INFANTRY - sometimes there are a couple of AA or AT Guns, but almost never tanks - I adjusted the points to 2600 for each side, but still almost no tanks - Oh, I am playing the Germans, and it doesn´t matter if fighting the Polish in 39, the British in 41 or the Russians in 44 - (almost) NEVER enemy tanks encountered!!! What can I do?? Pleas help - this game is just no fun without enemy tanks!

Viel Feind - viel Ehr!
Post #: 1
- 5/28/2001 8:35:00 PM   
Voriax

Howdy Do you have the rarity factor preference on or off? It just might be that the computer had a bad luck and didn't get any tanks if you had this preference on....you might want to check the main SPWAW forum too. There has been some talk about the odd buying habits of the computer but as I've been busy playtesting scenarios I haven't had time to try campaigns as yet. :) Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to snej77)
Post #: 2
- 5/30/2001 4:26:00 AM   
achappelle

Snej, I've been having the same problem ever since I went to 5.01 also Wierd AI buying habits, all tanks, all inf or nothing at all. Another thread talked about this too, so I'm not crazy. I'm going to try turning rarity off tonight.

"Molon Labe" - Leonidas @ Thermopylae (Come Get Them!!)

(in reply to snej77)
Post #: 3
- 6/3/2001 4:37:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I've started 4 long WW2 campaings and gotten a fair mix of types. sionce it is random there is always a chance of getting an unlucky string of "weird" AI purchases. in the current Campaign the French had a force of ATGs and MGs, but a tnak reserve seems to be trying to move in on my flank. THe problem with random ness in these routines, is , well, they are random, and sometimes "bad rolls" lead to strange circumstances.

(in reply to snej77)
Post #: 4
- 6/4/2001 6:55:00 PM   
metropoliitta

Hi guys I´ve been checking out this new 5.01 version I downloaded last week. Immediately I went for the longest (?) free campaign and chose max purchase points (20 000), air sections (25) and formations (400) for the ai since I like to have a decent struggle ;) Playing with Germans ´39 the first battle was ofcourse against the polish army. After 25 rounds of polish advance the game ended in total annihilation of opposing batallion which was originally 5-10 times bigger than mine - total of 3500 polish casualties against 74 of my heroes :) This happened 9/39 and the next battle was 10/39 in Krakow. This time I spent maybe 1.5 hours in deciding how to manage in unsuitable terrain against a similar "horde army". After playing for maybe 5 turns I got worried since no enemy movement was sighted and I had a weak spot in the flank. Absence of enemy was solved in couple of turns later since I took all the objectives with fast counter attack, worrying too much of getting flanked. The Polish army in Krakow consisted of 4 formations (instead of tens or hundreds -equal in strength to one platoon of mine.) The polish force pool was about the same as got away from the pocket in previous scenario. No reinforcement was used by neither side during the gameplay. After this I "quickplayed" next 6 scenarios (3 against france, 3 against russia). All these scenarios (from the very same campaign), the ai was lacking units. General rule was that the enemy had less than 7 formations on a large map. Pointless to continue unless I can figure out what is going wrong. I could understand this as a behaviour of an human player but if this is a standard feature in spwaw5.01, Im turning back to the older ones. The best part of sp has always been troop training. Keeping a good care of your force. Does anyone have experience about this ? I noticed that someone mentioned troop rarity but I double checked that. Its off. Might this be a bug ? **************** Ai advantage both off and on, depending on mission Troop training on Country characteristics on Troop rarity off **************** Thanks in advance Erno :confused:

Erno Iipponen

(in reply to snej77)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> HELP!! BIG Problem with WWII Campaign! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI