Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v 1.3 strategy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> v 1.3 strategy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v 1.3 strategy - 6/18/2005 5:34:30 AM   
Poliorcetes

ok, playing my first PBEM under 1.3 I am seeing a change in unit reaction time. I just had a WP unit show up 1 square away from 3 fresh units on Hold. The WP unit moved into my square and then into the next square beyond before anyone fired. In fact WP artillery hit my unit before it ever shot at the WP unit (and we all know how slow WP artillery used to be). This is making overrun attacks much easier for the WP. Not saying this is bad, but I don't recall having this much delay in shooting on defense. Just something you need to factor in now.
I have also noticed that on Call artillery (nato and WP) are using a wider variety of munitions (ie. I had Nato fire a Minelet and WP use smoke when all I've ever seen up to this point has been plain explosives or gas).
Anyone else noticing changes?

Poliorcetes
Post #: 1
RE: v 1.3 strategy - 6/18/2005 6:25:32 AM   
CapnDarwin

Arty in 103 was given a better chance to use other types of ammo. So you will see the occasional smoke and mine dropped in. For 104 a slight reduction in WP smoke percentage will be made. It is a bit on the high side now after some reading so Rob is bumping it down. It is possible to fail and see a unit close by. In a couple cases working on a new scenario the indication of a nearby enemy was the rounds of arty slamming in because a recce unit had seen me an not the other way around. It can happen. It is also possible it is a function of a LOS bug that was found. Rob has that squashed for 104 as well.

Happy Hunting.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Poliorcetes)
Post #: 2
RE: v 1.3 strategy - 6/23/2005 9:57:24 AM   
Poliorcetes

my latest experience with 1.3
It does seem that the ability to choose multiple off board artillery units at once for a single order has disappeared.
Ai still charging ahead. I just played Scen 6 Main Force Attack as WP and won in the first few turns because Nato charged my organizing forces. Yet the only Victory Points are in Nato's initial startup area.
Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something. They just get stuck on "barrage but out of ammo" and are useless until a new order is given.

Still seeing units move 1-2 squares past each other before firing.

Poliorcetes

Post #: 3
RE: v 1.3 strategy - 6/23/2005 2:51:22 PM   
haard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poliorcetes
It does seem that the ability to choose multiple off board artillery units at once for a single order has disappeared.

Aye
quote:

Ai still charging ahead.

Aye
quote:

Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something.

Aye!
quote:

Aye

Post #: 4
RE: v 1.3 strategy - 6/28/2005 3:54:47 AM   
IronManBeta

Ah my friend, you do have an eye for detail don't you? I will put all this on the to do list to revisit.

The AI will indeed still charge out of its positions once in a while. This is deliberate to keep the other player on his toes if you are playing with full FOW. A spoiling attack like that actually can be devastating if it hits at just the right time and the other side can't quite react to it in time.

Cheers, Rob.

quote:

my latest experience with 1.3
Ai still charging ahead. I just played Scen 6 Main Force Attack as WP and won in the first few turns because Nato charged my organizing forces. Yet the only Victory Points are in Nato's initial startup area.
Units that run out of a certain artillery ammo type need to revert to Counterbattery or something. They just get stuck on "barrage but out of ammo" and are useless until a new order is given.

Poliorcetes

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> v 1.3 strategy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI