Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
questions - 6/30/2001 11:00:00 AM   
slammer

Paul ( or whoever ) I received my CD in the mail and finally do not have the crash to desktop problem. 1. In 5.01 vid012.smk had a crc error. I understand getting this file from version 5.2 is acceptable. 2. I have upgraded to 5.3 but I see ver 5.01 solitaire. Previous updates I believe updated the version number. Potential problem or forget about it? 3. sound upgrade creates a snd directory with the new files and then a snd/snd directory with the old files. Do we keep both or is this also forget about it. 4. This is probably a foolish question but I notice the files are usually sequentially numbered. The .smk files have vid001, vid002, then vid004. Am I missing a file(s) or am I just paranoid? 5. One nagging problem still exsists. Intermittently the sound effects such as a tank firing will have a slight delay in the middle of the sound. So instead of a fluid sound of the firing and then impact there is a slight delay before impact. I have music off and all non essential tasks disabled in windows. Ideas? Thanks Slammer ( john M. )

Post #: 1
- 7/1/2001 1:06:00 AM   
Supervisor

You can forgo the vid012.smk error without any further problems, but when you upgrade to ver 5.2 it is automatically fixed for you, which you have to do before you can upgrade to version 5.3 As for the vid files they are not in complete sequential order meaning there is some #'s missing by design. As for the snd/snd directory the sub directory was created for those who might not of wanted to replace all of their original sound clips. For you to get the most of it, copy or move all of the files within the snd/snd files up one directory to the snd directory, select yes to all when asked if you want to owerwrite the existing files, then you can delete the blank snd/snd directory. The lighter should also clear up the sound difficulty your experiencing with your tanks. Just a heads up after doing the sequential upgrades from 5.01-5.2, 5.2-5.3 when you play MegaCampaign its ver will still be ver 5.0 as the SPWAW programing is being updated not the MC itself. Remember to delete the steel.prf file from the /save directory after all of your upgrades are completed. The game will recreate it when you start you next game, this will help avoid possible future probelm with the game acting strangely. Happy gaming [ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 2
- 7/1/2001 9:06:00 AM   
slammer

Everything is now right in the world. Well at least with SPWAW! Thanks Gmenfan for your help. All is working well now. When I think how many man hours I spent trying to solve the crash to desk top problem but its water under the bridge. With the CD that problem disappeared and now everything is working. I am right back where I left off with ver 4.5. The first scenario I played was a decisive victory. Unfortunately for the other side! Thanks again.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 3
- 7/1/2001 9:48:00 AM   
Supervisor

Glad to see you up and running again and don't worry, those victories will start to go your way soon.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 4
- 7/2/2001 10:45:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very well answered, Gmenfan! Thanks for jumping in and giving some answers here. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 5
- 7/3/2001 5:06:00 AM   
Supervisor

I'll help when I can WB whether it comes from my own past experience or one thats been reported elsewhere, knowing that the moderators are hard at work trying to solve problems and come up with answers to the questions that aren't so cut an dry.

(in reply to slammer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI