Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound Problem with MC - Desert Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sound Problem with MC - Desert Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound Problem with MC - Desert Campaign - 8/6/2001 5:18:00 AM   
rickier65

I loaded the Desert MegaCampaign, anong wtih all the upgrades to v6.1 however when I went to play, there was no sound for the battles. I didn have music for the opeing screeen, but when I hit the button to start the scenario, I just get a series of "thumps" insted of music or sound effects. When th ebattle screen comes on, I do not have any sound effects at all. I deleted and reloaded MC and checked for sound after loading each patch, still no sound. I had previously downloaded v5.1 from the web site (while waiting for the MC CD) and had no trouble with the sound. Any ideas? This is an old Sony pentium with 200 MHz processor. But as i said, sound worked fine with the SPWaW v5.1 I downloaded, it was just with the MC that it stopped working. Rick

Post #: 1
- 8/6/2001 6:58:00 AM   
Supervisor

Try deleting the steel.prf file within the /save directory as it contains sound preferences among other things than restart the game. Make sure you sound card and sound associations are working properly by going to the snd directory and double clicking on a sound and making sure its played properly. [ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 2
- 8/14/2001 9:46:00 AM   
rickier65

Ok, I tried that and it didnt help. Also, I double clicked on a wav file and had the same problem, it bourght up the Microsoft multimedia player and still had the thyumps instead of the sound. I tried it on another wav file unrelated to SPWAW and it also would not play. I normally play those wave files with another application that still works. So it sounds like something else is wrong with the file association? Any suggestions? Thanks,
Rick
quote:

Originally posted by gmenfan:
Try deleting the steel.prf file within the /save directory as it contains sound preferences among other things than restart the game. Make sure you sound card and sound associations are working properly by going to the snd directory and double clicking on a sound and making sure its played properly. [ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 3
- 8/14/2001 10:01:00 AM   
Supervisor

Unsure which Win Media player version your using so here goes. Open Media Player, select options, then formats then select all and press apply. This should force Win Media player to associate all media file types to itself. Then try playing a file again outside of the game. You can uninstall Media player and reinstall or upgrade to latest version from Microsoft which is 7.1 if you continue to have problems. Keep me posted with results so I can try to continue to help. Good luck

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
- 9/4/2001 12:21:00 AM   
rickier65

quote:

Unsure which Win Media player version your using so here goes. Open Media Player, select options, then formats then select all and press apply. This should force Win Media player to associate all media file types to itself. Then try playing a file again outside of the game. You can uninstall Media player and reinstall or upgrade to latest version from Microsoft which is 7.1 if you continue to have problems. Keep me posted with results so I can try to continue to help. Good luck

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 5
- 9/4/2001 12:24:00 AM   
rickier65

Well, I finally got sound effects back in the game. Maybe now I can finally start a megacampaign. I re-loaded TOAW and reinstalled DirectX from the TOAW CD. after that SPaW sound effects worked. Rick
quote:

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 6
- 9/4/2001 2:02:00 AM   
Supervisor

Glad to here your up and running, haven't seen DirectX cause problems with sounds just video, but it is possible being there are also DirectX sound drivers.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Sound Problem with MC - Desert Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI