Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Panthers III

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Steel Panthers III Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Panthers III - 9/23/2001 5:39:00 PM   
Hubner

I have just bought Steel Panthers III and found out that I need DOS 6.22 or higher is there a way to upgrade the DOS that I have and if so can a person with little computer knowledge be able to install it?

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP
Post #: 1
- 9/23/2001 7:54:00 PM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Hubner:
I have just bought Steel Panthers III and found out that I need DOS 6.22 or higher is there a way to upgrade the DOS that I have and if so can a person with little computer knowledge be able to install it?
If you are running Win9x then you have available dos7.x. Just open an msdos box, change to the cd drive, and type install. Worked just fine for the copy of SP II I picked up this week. If your video card doesn't detect as vesa compatible, you have to run vinstall before you run SP. I run it from a dos box, if you need instructions as to how to make a win9x shortcut that can be found.
thanks, John.

(in reply to Hubner)
Post #: 2
- 9/24/2001 3:15:00 AM   
Hubner

I have Win98 when I go into the MS-DOS it has 1.62 or 1.63. Some times when the game goes in the MS-DOS has error message. Can I chnage the MS-DOS program so I have it all the time? If so Do I need a Program for that? I should say can I do that internaly? If so I'll need a step by step on how to do that. I'm really just starting with the computer. [ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Hubner ]

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP

(in reply to Hubner)
Post #: 3
- 9/24/2001 7:57:00 AM   
Ed Cogburn

quote:

Originally posted by Hubner:
I have Win98 when I go into the MS-DOS it has 1.62 or 1.63. Some times when the game goes in the MS-DOS has error message. Can I chnage the MS-DOS program so I have it all the time? If so Do I need a Program for that? I should say can I do that internaly? If so I'll need a step by step on how to do that. I'm really just starting with the computer.

It sounds like you need some help in person, someone in front of your computer showing you what is going on. Win98 has DOS built in, version 7 or higher. I don't know where you're getting the 1.62 or 1.63 numbers. You do not need to "upgrade" DOS here, in fact you can't even if you wanted to. DOS is now part of Windows, from Win95 on. Try posting the exact error messages here. Is your Win98 a standard OEM version or is it customized by the company you got your computer from? Without seeing the error messages, I can't really say any more.

(in reply to Hubner)
Post #: 4
- 9/25/2001 5:14:00 PM   
Jasper

quote:

Originally posted by Ed Cogburn:

It sounds like you need some help in person, someone in front of your computer showing you what is going on. Win98 has DOS built in, version 7 or higher. I don't know where you're getting the 1.62 or 1.63 numbers. You do not need to "upgrade" DOS here, in fact you can't even if you wanted to. DOS is now part of Windows, from Win95 on. Try posting the exact error messages here. Is your Win98 a standard OEM version or is it customized by the company you got your computer from? Without seeing the error messages, I can't really say any more.

Maybe he is using window 1898 not the 1998 version.

(in reply to Hubner)
Post #: 5
- 10/3/2001 10:57:00 PM   
Master Blaster

Actually, Win 98 SE had two different versions. A&B. If you open the system icon and read the info there, it will tell you weather the ver is A or B. I had some problems getting SPIII to run on the B version. But, these problems might have beeen attributable to the laptop as well.

(in reply to Hubner)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Steel Panthers III Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI