Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost Victories problem...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lost Victories problem... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Victories problem... - 1/24/2002 6:44:00 AM   
R Hottin

I wonder if anyone can help with my problem running the "Lost Victories" mega-campaign for SPWAW. I recently bought and installed this and to all appearances did so successfully. But when I play (either this mega-campaign, or anything else on SPWAW), a curious thing happens - a couple of turns in (or maybe it's time-related...)I am quite abruptly booted out of whatever I'm doing back to the Welcome screen...my mega-campaign, or scenario or anything else I was doing is gone! I'm running a pretty vanilla Dell Dimension 4100 w/PIII@1.1Mhz and 128k memory...does anyone have any ideas on what I might have done wrong or how to fix this? It does this consistently - 5-6 times now. I have tried totally uninstalling and then re-installing from the CD, but it just does the same thing. No error message or anything, just an immediate dump back to the Welcome screen...
Tnanks in advance for your help! I really want to play! -Bob H.

Bob H.
Post #: 1
- 1/24/2002 11:26:00 AM   
Supervisor

What OS are you running? If your running anything higher than Win 98SE ensure in your preference screen that Command and Control (C&C)is turned off, there is a bug in the code of the newer OS's than conflict with MegaCampaigns only. The game is just as fun and challenging with it off. Give that a try and let us know on your results.

(in reply to R Hottin)
Post #: 2
- 1/25/2002 10:56:00 AM   
R Hottin

Thanks gmenfan! I'm running Win ME and your suggestion seems to have worked. No crashes for a while now...

Bob H.

(in reply to R Hottin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Lost Victories problem... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI