Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to Install the Nik Mod??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> How to Install the Nik Mod?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Install the Nik Mod?? - 4/8/2006 12:57:09 AM   
jimh009

Hi,

I was looking over the Nik Mod and it looked like just the ticket to make things a bit more historical. However, after looking over the install instructions, I'm still a bit confused on exactly how to install this thing!

From the FAQ

Installation:

Unzip all files save the ART files into the SCEN sub-folder of your War in the Pacific directory. The ART files should be unzipped or moved into the ART sub-folder. Creating a separate WitP installation is not a requirement unless the current chosen scenario slot for the mod version in question interferes with another scenario using the same slot.

OK - I can follow that easily enough. However, what do I do with all the other files, like the DAT files, the .bmp artwork files, etc....? In short, I've never installed a MOD before so have no idea exactly where every type of file goes within the WiTP directory structure.

Also, is it recommended to upgrade to the 1.7+ patch (I'm currently using 1.60).

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Post #: 1
RE: How to Install the Nik Mod?? - 4/8/2006 5:38:33 AM   
ckk

be patient Nik will be by To help you out

(in reply to jimh009)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Install the Nik Mod?? - 4/8/2006 6:00:49 AM   
Nikademus

Unzip every file save into the SCEN subfolder of your war in the pacific install except for the files that have .bmp extensions.

(example - ADetail020.bmp)

.bmp files are the art files the FAQ was referring too. They go in the ART subfolder. (But are not crucial to running the mod)

Everything else goes into the SCEN subfolder.

The mod scenarios go into slots 40 and 45 of your War in the Pacific Scenario menu.

(in reply to jimh009)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Install the Nik Mod?? - 4/8/2006 12:10:05 PM   
jimh009

Thanks Niki,

Got it all installed and so far so good. Using the latest patch too.

I'll give you some feedback about the mod if you like, at least from the allied players perspective.

Jim

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> How to Install the Nik Mod?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI