Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A quasi-official 105 Update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> A quasi-official 105 Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A quasi-official 105 Update - 7/27/2005 12:46:16 AM   
CapnDarwin

Work is still proceeding on the 105 update. Things have slowed a bit on account of a pesky problem with some combat numbers. Rest assured, Rob has his fire axe and is "reprogramming" as we speak. A number of improvements and minor fixes are in the build. We are planning to update both scenarios and docs to run with the 105 engine better. A few new units are also included for scenerio makers including the M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1(HA), SA-13, SA-9, ZSU-23/4 and the BMP-1. I'm sure as things get finished Rob can tell you more of what is coming down the pipe. As for a release date...

When it's ready.

Thanks and hang in there.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Post #: 1
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 7/27/2005 8:57:55 PM   
IronManBeta

Yup, we just keep playing it and working on it and adding in little things that occur to us that will make it better. The unexpected side effect is that any new information that we show often causes us to question how it got there and then we have a merry old time tracking it down and playing with it and trying out other variants. This leads us to refine our assumptions about the basic combat model and to push more rules into it to account for new situations. Every time we do that of course we have to start another cycle of testing and the whole process starts over again.

I'm happy to report that we are continuing to make significant improvements every day or two. At some point soon though I will want to calm it down a little and turn to the long-promised documentation update. Then we will release 1.05 and get cracking on version 2.0. Some of the features of 2.0 were described in the recent live chat so you might want to take a peek at that if you haven't already.

Cheers all, Rob.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 2
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 7/28/2005 11:04:28 AM   
nukkxx5058

It's good to see that the game is in continuous improvement !

(in reply to IronManBeta)
Post #: 3
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/1/2005 3:32:45 PM   
Emilio

Hi,

Ok, the next target is 1.05. I assume that it is a "normal patch", to be installed either to a 1.04 version or to a clean 1.00 version.

But, what about version 2.00? It will be a new game, lets say Flashpoint Germany 2, an add-on to FPG, or just another patch?

Today, in another post (magic wand), I wrote some suggestions, like download the leg infantry from IFVs, infantry engagements, and include Su-27 Flanker and MiG-29 Fulcrum as advanced aircraft for the Soviets. They were deployed in the mid 80s and were almost as good as the F-15 Eagle or the F-16 Falcon.

Could these changes applied for 2.00 or later versions?

Thanks for FPG!!!

Emilio

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 4
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/2/2005 2:29:21 PM   
Emilio

Hi,

Ok, I have read the cheat log and I found the answers to some of my questions. My fault because I didn't noticed it before. Here you have the answer to my questions:

Q: But, what about version 2.00? It will be a new game, lets say Flashpoint Germany 2, an add-on to FPG, or just another patch?

A: [ErikRutins] Version 2, FYI is "The Next Flashpoint Series Game"
[RobertCrandall] z, deeper modelling of helicopter and artillery operations both.
[z1812] That is modelled now or in the next patch?
[buffedub] Same theater//
[RobertCrandall] Also more 'intelligence preparation of the battlefield' (IPB) if I can manage it. Done
[RobertCrandall] All new features for 2. will be both for Europe and the Middle East.
[z1812] Is 2 an all new game or add on?
[ErikRutins] Both, actually, per our current plan. An add-on for the Germany/NATO/WP theater for your existing FPG games and also a new game for the Middle East.

Q: Leg infantry.

A: [ErikRutins] The original FPG system did not lend itself to map editing, but the new one will.
[ErikRutins] Whoops, as Rob said... enough out of me. ;-)
[RobertCrandall] Yes, dismounts will be in version 2 I promise. More generally you can tow artillery, fly troops and vehicles in helicopters, and split / merge units as you wish.

Q: Newer aircrafts (MiG-29, Su-27, F-117), newer tanks and present day weapons.

A: [Joe_Lieberman] Will v2 be true modern age or still in the 80s?
[Joe_Lieberman] 80s/90s
[RobertCrandall] The mechanics can handle anything from 1940 onwards I would say but there is a lot of 1985+ stuff in there. We can definitely roll it foward to 2005 pretty quickly. done.

I reccomend to read the full chat log. It is very interesting.
So version 2.00, estimated by the end of 2005, will add a lot of stuff.
Can't wait for it!!!

Emilio

(in reply to Emilio)
Post #: 5
More quasi-official 105 Update News - 8/5/2005 3:48:30 AM   
CapnDarwin

Work on 105 continues. The last of the pesky little bugs are being squashed. Test on the revamped scenarios is under way now and will take a bit of time to test out for balance and scoring. The new playtesting crew is getting up to speed and already knocking over some rocks and finding a bug or two we've missed. Rob is working with the crew to revamp all the documentation. I think folks will be happy with this update and it should keep you playing until the new version is ready.

More info soon.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 6
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/5/2005 4:57:28 AM   
IronManBeta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emilio

Hi,

Ok, I have read the cheat log and I found the answers to some of my questions. My fault because I didn't noticed it before. Here you have the answer to my questions:

Yup, there is lots of good stuff in that chat log but you have to be able to deal with the chaotic order of some of the statements! I am working on some of the new features but the schedule is slipping a little already. What I would really like to do is take a month off the day job to work on it. Hmmmm, there is actually some chance I can steal some time during the day for it now. I do design writeups at work and no one is the wiser and pretty soon I will just write game code too! I just love my day job...

Thanks Emilio for posting this snippet, cheers, Rob

(in reply to Emilio)
Post #: 7
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/6/2005 6:31:19 AM   
AlvinS

quote:

What I would really like to do is take a month off the day job to work on it. Hmmmm, there is actually some chance I can steal some time during the day for it now. I do design writeups at work and no one is the wiser and pretty soon I will just write game code too! I just love my day job...

Don't forget to take time for yourself to relax and clear your head. I am anxious for the patch, but you have to take care of yourself first. This is a great game, and I look forward to future theaters of operation.

Thanks for your hard work.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

Post #: 8
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/30/2005 3:46:09 PM   
IronManBeta

Well, we are still grinding away on version 1.05. Theoretical kill ratios and such are our major preoccupation right now. There are also some stubborn code issues that I can't seem to reproduce on my machine and which are bogging me down a little too.

Once those are cleaned up then we will do a final reality check on all the scenarios and finish the documentation and tutorial updates. I can hardly wait!

Cheers all, Rob

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 9
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 8/31/2005 5:06:20 AM   
kptom

In the immortal words of Montgomery Burns:

"Excellent!!"

Post #: 10
A quasi-official 105 Update - 9/26/2005 2:20:17 PM   
CapnDarwin

We are still grinding away on the 105 update. Most of the new features and tweaks are in place and the last of the bug squashing is in progress. Longest pole in the tent now is the update to the documentation to cover all of the things that have changed or been added in 4 updates. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

More info soon!

Post #: 11
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 10/12/2005 12:01:07 AM   
tinjaw

Just wanted to chime in with a "Thank You" and a "I'm looking forward to it". Been away playing other things, but I think it is time to spin up FPG again.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 12
RE: A quasi-official 105 Update - 10/16/2005 9:36:25 PM   
Kipper

Great support guys, will be buying all your games.

Kipper

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> A quasi-official 105 Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI