Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are We Ready with 1.1a

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Are We Ready with 1.1a Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/5/2005 2:17:35 AM   
dneely

Shaun:

Can you give us an ETA on when the final release of 1.1a will be ready for the masses??

Thanks, D Neely
Post #: 1
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/6/2005 4:13:37 AM   
dneely

Bump............any timetable Shaun??

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 2
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/6/2005 2:51:07 PM   
puresimmer

Sorry, been busy with my "real job" and life lately :)

I should have it ready within the next week or two. I am just in the testing phases. I am also splitting time with design and development work on PureSim 2006.

Is there a critical issue/fix you are waiting on?

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 3
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/6/2005 6:58:33 PM   
rich12545

Would it be very difficult to include the suggestion I made a couple posts down?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/6/2005 11:05:14 PM   
rich12545

My Suggestion: Add "Struck Out" and "Walked" to the on field play result message.

Also, please add "Fielder's Choice" and whatever other results that aren't currently included. Thanks.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 5
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/6/2005 11:36:52 PM   
pasternakski

Not to mention "hit by pitch" (as differentiated from "walked").

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 6
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/7/2005 3:55:22 AM   
dneely

Shaun:

I am not having any major problems with 1.1 but part of the reason I am looking for the"final" version file is because I am not playing much in expectation of the final release. You said you were very close a couple of weeks back so I was holding off starting any new "Big" projects for the release.

Since no major problems seem to be happening I thought it would be released any day.

Hope all is well for you and family.

David

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 7
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/7/2005 2:44:51 PM   
puresimmer

Well hopefully after a little more testing and tweaking I can get it out this weekend. Sorry for the wait.

The good news is 1.1a seems to be working really well for most folks. So this final release (which I am going to brand as 1.2 to avoid any confusion) should be a great way to close the book on PureSim 2005 Gold Edition.

I am getting excited about some of the new stuff I have planned for next year's version :)

Shaun

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 8
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/8/2005 12:34:44 AM   
rich12545

LOL. Talk about planned obsolecense. Seriously, I just came across this game and really like it. If 2006 is more of the same plus some improvements, you can count me in.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 9
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/8/2005 2:21:45 AM   
dneely

Great news Shaun! so I will play this one and start dreaming about 2006

David

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 10
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/8/2005 12:35:24 PM   
SirWolf1960

Quick question about ps2006:

Are you planning an open beta next year? To me, half the fun of buying Pure Sim is watching the game develop as the year goes on. It is great to be a part of the process (even if a small one sometimes). It is one of the things which has seperated my ownership of this game from any other I have ever bought.

But if the folks at Matrix don't want you to do it that way, I'll understand.

Steve

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 11
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/9/2005 12:09:40 AM   
rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Right. And getting on by an error. I hope this gets in the patch. It will make the PSPN games a lot easier to play.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 12
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/9/2005 2:46:50 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

Are you planning an open beta next year? To me, half the fun of buying Pure Sim is watching the game develop as the year goes on. It is great to be a part of the process (even if a small one sometimes). It is one of the things which has seperated my ownership of this game from any other I have ever bought.

But if the folks at Matrix don't want you to do it that way, I'll understand.

From what I have seen do far from Matrix they are happy for me to do it any way I'd like. PureSim has thrived under the open beta concept and I will continue to do it. The only thing I might do to ensure serious testers only will be to only make the beta oprn to folks that purchased the 2005 edition.

Shaun

(in reply to SirWolf1960)
Post #: 13
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/9/2005 2:48:17 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Right. And getting on by an error. I hope this gets in the patch. It will make the PSPN games a lot easier to play.

You actually can reach on error now. As far as calling out the distinction b/t HBP and BB that will be next year's version.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 14
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/9/2005 5:06:20 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
You actually can reach on error now. As far as calling out the distinction b/t HBP and BB that will be next year's version.

Woo hoo. Better and better.

The "error" comment prompts me to ask once again whether you anticipate changing outfielder errors on batted balls to allow a hitter to get more than one base. Also, will we be seeing outfielder throwing errors allowing extra base advances by runners?

Yes, I know I'm a very needy person. I'm sure you remember my comments about how claustrophobic the field depiction is with all the information and interaction screens. Are you going to reorganize them or reduce their size so that less of the view is obscured? I think that they could be designed much more efficiently and could be redesigned so as to fit into the view better rather than just being obviously superimposed.

How about audio? I would love to see (I mean, "hear") such things as crowd noise that crescendoes in tight, late-inning situations (how about a "boo" dynamic?), ballpark organ playing like the "charge" piece you have heard a bazillion times (you know - "ba da da DUT ba DAH") and the stalking music when the home team is behind in the late innings and has men on base (DUT da dut dah DUT da dut dah DUT da dut dah). The guy at the old Metrodome in Minnesota used to play spooky music after a base on balls while the scoreboard screen had a cartoon that said "Walks will haunt." "Guest" celebrities singing the National Anthem and Harry Caray singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the Seventh Inning Stretch ...

How about an animated jumbotron (the players' faces could be displayed here instead of in some clunky box that doesn't fit in with the ballpark atmosphere - the hitter's or pitcher's stats could be displayed here, as well) ... Comiskey Park-like fireworks for a home run (such "special effects" could be customizable team-by-team, ballpark-by ballpark) ... announcer voiceovers (I could do a great Dizzy Dean impression for ya - "Pee Wee, he come around second, he slud into third, and, brother, he was out") ... you know ... MANAGER-UMPIRE ARGUMENTS! People thrown out of the game! YOU thrown out of the game!

I don't want too much ...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 15
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/10/2005 5:20:10 PM   
BleacherBum

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
From what I have seen do far from Matrix they are happy for me to do it any way I'd like. PureSim has thrived under the open beta concept and I will continue to do it. The only thing I might do to ensure serious testers only will be to only make the beta oprn to folks that purchased the 2005 edition.

Shaun

Count me in. And great idea limiting it to your proven customers.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
RE: Are We Ready with 1.1a - 12/12/2005 2:30:40 PM   
akcranker

I'd be willing to help out with any beta testing. You know I'm always here to help :)

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Are We Ready with 1.1a Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI