Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" - 8/20/2005 1:07:05 AM   
KG Erwin

For those of us who desire playing inside the classic ballparks, and using the real players of that era, it's indeed a "Field of Dreams". In addition to this, pictures of many of the players are also available, so when Ralph Kiner goes up against say, Ralph Branca, you see photos of both of them onscreen.

The flexibility of this game is nothing short of astounding, as many of us can attest to. The capability for player "modding" is also built-in, and I think we'll see many more add-ins as the development continues.

I can gush about it all I want, but the proof is in the playing. It took only one day for me to become a convert, and my faith has been rewarded.
Post #: 1
RE: Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" - 8/20/2005 5:54:10 AM   
Sarge

Agree

I have been a fan of Puresim for sometime.

Started in 1900 with the Chicago Cubs at the good old Westside Grounds about a year+ ago.

The main draw for me was how Modable the title is (down to nick names). I have yet to play with real players. as I believe it makes for bias to big names during your picks. Try starting out with computer names, you will find yourself using the the AWSOME interface and tools included with the title.

I have 32 seasons under my belt ( manage every game) to date. With 6 world series wins and 12 post seasons appearances its a Cubs fan nirvana

EDIT: Where do I pre-order

< Message edited by Sarge -- 8/20/2005 5:59:11 AM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" - 8/20/2005 9:05:27 AM   
DandricSturm

When playing solo with players from the Lahman database I always start in the 50's. Lots of great ballplayers getting their start in the early 50's.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" - 8/24/2005 8:29:54 PM   
KG Erwin

Historical trivia: to underscore the importance of the "Golden Age", I checked out the membership of the Hall of Fame. For the 129-year span between 1871 and 1999, fully 31% of the Hall of Famers (not including managers/executives) played all or part of their careers during the 15 seasons betweeen 1946-60.

As Mel Allen used to say, "How about THAT?"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Playing in "The Golden Age (1946-60)" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI