Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

release?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> release? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
release? - 9/15/2005 12:17:07 AM   
galaril

Shaun,
I know you are busy with evryday work stuff and getting the manual and evrything else ready but do you have a ETA on release? Or maybe Matrix folks can tell us. Also, any word on a feature list for this release or is it 100% bug squashing stuff? Thanks.

Dan G.
Post #: 1
RE: release? - 9/15/2005 1:50:30 AM   
DandricSturm

Join the chat tomorrow.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 2
RE: release? - 9/15/2005 9:01:14 PM   
Amaroq

Um, DandircSturm... what chat?

I don't see a link for chat anywhere from the forum pages, and I don't see any announcement directing me to a chat room at a given time.

So... what are you talking about?

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 3
RE: release? - 9/15/2005 9:18:22 PM   
Tankerace

Look in the Press releases forum, at the very top of the page. "Live chat with....." There is a chat with the dev scheduled for tonight I beleive.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 4
RE: release? - 9/15/2005 10:49:49 PM   
Amaroq

Ah. Thanks, mate. I have a direct link to this Forum bookmarked, and am not really trafficking any of the other forums on the site, so I didn't see that.

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 5
RE: release? - 9/19/2005 4:11:29 PM   
BleacherBum

If the lack of activity on this board is any indication, it seems the momentum building up to the publishing announcement has been lost due to the lack of a product release. Anyone else sense this?

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 6
RE: release? - 9/19/2005 5:12:53 PM   
galaril

Oh yeah. This game has passed off my radar until next spring training thanks to the delay.

(in reply to BleacherBum)
Post #: 7
RE: release? - 9/19/2005 6:04:16 PM   
Erik Rutins

In fact, things behind the scenes have being accelerating towards release and I expect we'll have a gold announcement soon. Have you folks been reading this forum, seeing the release candidate link, etc?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 8
RE: release? - 9/19/2005 9:00:01 PM   
Amaroq

Yes, Erik, we have - but I agree with BleacherBum. This forum feels dead! We need to get some conversations going, or there's no point in visiting it daily. I think if there were a whole bunch of people posting here, excited about the upcoming release, etc., we'd have the feeling of excitement building to a fever pitch that accompanies a much-anticipated release.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: release? - 9/20/2005 5:19:58 AM   
puresimmer

Sorry guys. There is just a lot more to putting together an intial release under a new company: New installer, Box art, Big manual etc.

Since most of you can already download RC1 I'll let you know you are not missing anything.

Its a bummer to see people already giving up. Please don't take the move to Matrix as being a negative thing, we'll get it out there.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 10
RE: release? - 9/20/2005 6:03:38 AM   
sovereignstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: galaril

Oh yeah. This game has passed off my radar until next spring training thanks to the delay.

And with this news, the world stopped turning...

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 11
RE: release? - 9/20/2005 5:50:01 PM   
Silverbullet

I believe the reason the board has lost momentum is simply because Baseball season is winding down and Football season has just started.
As much as I love Baseball when Football starts I change direction.

(in reply to galaril)
Post #: 12
RE: release? - 9/20/2005 9:51:55 PM   
Amaroq

Since I posted my 'this forum feels dead' comment, only four threads have been posted to. (in 25 hours)

Surely football season is playing a part, but in my mind it feels like we've lost the 'critical mass' of conversation that keeps people coming back and participating in more conversation. It isn't so much about when the release date is, as where's the chatter?

(in reply to Silverbullet)
Post #: 13
RE: release? - 9/20/2005 11:36:13 PM   
DandricSturm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silverbullet

I believe the reason the board has lost momentum is simply because Baseball season is winding down and Football season has just started.
As much as I love Baseball when Football starts I change direction.

Hmmm... Actually for me, one of the things I like about PureSim is I can have baseball in December.

(in reply to Silverbullet)
Post #: 14
RE: release? - 9/21/2005 1:05:19 AM   
donkuchi19

Maybe we could get some AARs like for the war games. I know Dandric and I post fairly regularly on the AFB thread. Maybe some could post on other Multi-Player leagues or even individual leagues.

Post #: 15
RE: release? - 9/21/2005 3:37:18 AM   
DandricSturm

Thats why I usually post the standings and some stats.

(in reply to donkuchi19)
Post #: 16
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 12:26:54 AM   
Edward

Summertime done & gone & no release. So far, not impressed with Matrix. They can spin it anyway they want. But missing the release date & a vauge one at that is a bad job.
Hope the game comes out soon.

Post #: 17
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 1:07:04 AM   
puresimmer

Well we actually said late summer and technically today is the last day of summer :)

The last release of the game was July so we are not talking about a massive delay here between releases.

I think people are being a little hard on me for taking a little extra time to release a FREE upgrade for existing users, after I have released about 10 over the past 6 months.

Hang in there ok?

(in reply to Edward)
Post #: 18
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 1:11:41 AM   
Dazooz2

Well no offense, but because many of us that are interested in the game already own it (having purchased it pre-matrix), and knowing that not much new will be available in the final release of Puresim 2005, it's hard to get excited about something we already have.

I hope the release brings in many new buyers, but I find myself feeling pretty neutral regarding this final release.

(in reply to Edward)
Post #: 19
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 1:40:10 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dazooz

Well no offense, but because many of us that are interested in the game already own it (having purchased it pre-matrix), and knowing that not much new will be available in the final release of Puresim 2005, it's hard to get excited about something we already have.

I hope the release brings in many new buyers, but I find myself feeling pretty neutral regarding this final release.

If you are already using one betas / RCs then you are absolutely right, nothing new here to see just some polish and a manual. If you are using the last official public release (v8.21) then this release has a HUGE amount of new features.

Ideally we'll expand the market a bit and hit again with another release next spring.

(in reply to Dazooz2)
Post #: 20
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 4:37:03 AM   
Dazooz2

Hope I didn't sound ungreatful Shaun! :)

It remains a great game!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 21
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 4:54:45 AM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
I think people are being a little hard on me for taking a little extra time to release a FREE upgrade for existing users, after I have released about 10 over the past 6 months.

Shaun, you have been great, consistently releasing new public updates/betas/RC's and keeping us well informed on what's going on prior to the final release. I wish that other designers would take lessons on this from you.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 22
RE: release? - 9/22/2005 10:39:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

Folks, the main delay has been putting together a manual for the game and getting past content and proofreading into layout. We are truly in the last stretch here and a gold announcement should be around the corner.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 23
RE: release? - 9/23/2005 6:29:17 AM   
sovereignstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Hang in there ok?

I hope you're hanging in there yourself. It bewilders me as to why some people are so impatient with gaming companies to the extreme they are nowadays. So you've got to wait a week or two more. Why not take dust off an old gem or two to waste time (and probably have as much fun)?

Sorry to preach, but all the negativity is hardly necessary. Just do what you're doing, Shaun.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> release? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI