Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A question for the Pure Sim players

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> A question for the Pure Sim players Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A question for the Pure Sim players - 9/30/2005 5:02:34 PM   
Dirtdog20

Disclaimer: I am involved in baseball and know the limitations that any game has in simulating the live game.

I tried the free DL a few builds back and was not very happy with the AI lineup management. I was able to put together a lineup in the traditional manner, (speed-contact-power-contact-speed), dominating the league. As soon as I quit playing out games letting the game sim out each day the lineups changed completely. The lineups used seemed to follow no rhyme or reason resulting in, deservedly so, long loosing streaks and a slide of my team into 4th place in a 5 team division.

My questions to you then are; has this portion of the game improved? Please no fan boy answers of yes and no support given.

I prefer to follow the franchise as a GM, not it's manager. I recieve the enjoyment from the long term arc of building a franchise and then the efforts to maintain that sucess w/o abusing the trade AI. Is this possable or does Pure Sim have the same roster management issues OOTP does?

How is the player development system? Does everyone turn into Alex Rodriguez or Chad Hermanson? Is there a nice curve between the two?

Thank you for the good answers in advance, and good gaming.

You mean that we gotta take a test after we read this stuff?!?
Post #: 1
RE: A question for the Pure Sim players - 9/30/2005 8:19:12 PM   
DonBraswell

This is the point I was trying to make when I posted to Improvements for GMs. The AI does make some dumb changes, not just your AI manager, but to the Computer controlled teams. You will find if you play long enough that soon your team will start winning year in and year out. The AI controlled teams can't compete. After the first 8 seasons, starting in 1949 to 1997, my team always finnishes in 1st place and only lost the World Series 4 times. If you are playing an AI team managing or simming the AI team loses almost every time.
Don Braswell

(in reply to Dirtdog20)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> A question for the Pure Sim players Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI