Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status on Gold Edition 1.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Status on Gold Edition 1.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/10/2005 12:05:13 AM   
puresimmer

OK, I had a nice 3 day weekend and spent way too much time programming and reading these forums and not enough time with my wife and 4 kids

Anyway, here is my work log so far for 1.1, I'll probably look at a few other little issues and then start testing. At some point I'd love to have some of you test the game (especially if you play with real players), so if you are interested drop me a line at shaun@puresim.com). Testing is only open to registered owners of the Gold Edition. I have no ETA yet, as that will depend on testing. Ideally within the next week or two we can get it out the door.

Here is what I completed:
================

* NEW - When using real players there is now an option to display the player's real historical major league stats (from real life) on his player card

* NEW - Added WHIP to player card stats for pitchers

* NEW - Added a handy "delete" button to the "Load Association" dialog so users don't have to remove old associations by deleteing them from Windows Explorer

* Big Tweak - Modified real player import algorithms to import more real players. Players being imported that had severly limited playing time will be penalized in regards to their ratings (Many of them simply were not imported in previous versions).

* Fix - Fixed error 11 on Italian version of windows

* Fix - In sandbox mode when the association was completely empty, trying to import a single individual player caused an error 13

* Fix - The installation program was not creating the appropriate empty folders to hold user-created face packs

* Fix - In some association configurations, during the post season RBI was being listed on various screens from the player's regular season total instead of displaying his post season total

* Tweak - Modified real player algorithm for calculating the SPEED rating. In the modern era, real players were stealing too many bases due to the rating being a bit inflated

* Tweak - Improved algorithms used when assigning potential ratings to real players

* Tweak - When using real players the game no longer displays a fictional region on the player card, it will attempt to find the region in the data stored in the Lahman database (Lahman has birth place info for many players)

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/10/2005 12:45:31 AM   
BryanK

Is there interest in or line of sight on tweaking the statistical distributions for fictional leagues?

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/10/2005 1:30:16 AM   
StyxNCa

I would love to test it, however I am fixin to leave for 3 or 4 weeks (I drive a truck) and I don't get on-line nearly as often to offer feedback. However, thx for the work u have put in. I really do like the game.

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 3
RE: Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/10/2005 2:24:56 AM   
rjolley

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
* Tweak - When using real players the game no longer displays a fictional region on the player card, it will attempt to find the region in the data stored in the Lahman database (Lahman has birth place info for many players)

Will this eventually be used to influence whether a player wants to sign with a team or not? (edit: Looks like you answered it in another thread...it's already used to influence a player's desire to sign)

< Message edited by rjolley -- 10/10/2005 2:26:51 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/10/2005 2:53:31 AM   
ajjnyy11

Hi everyone. I am relatively new to these forums and PureSim Gold, but I have played PureSim for about a year. I'd be really excited to test the new version and provide feedback. I usually have a few hours a week to play the game, and there is no better way to play PureSim than to aid in its development!

PureSim is the best and most complete Baseball Simulation game I know, and is one of the select few that I can play over and over again.

PS- the Braves just lost to the Astros 7-6 in 18 innings! Ridiculous! At the end I knew it would be a homerun that would end it because the players were dragging, there were few hits, and pitching was definitely running out. That homerun by Burke reminded me of Aaron Boone's homer; low-inside, pulled to left by a no-name player (soon to change, of course)

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Status on Gold Edition 1.1 - 10/11/2005 4:13:52 AM   
Edward

In a book keeping tweak. On the player's card under history a dollar sign is missing from the contact.
& is it possible to give the total amount for multi-year deals?

< Message edited by Edward -- 10/11/2005 6:07:28 AM >

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Status on Gold Edition 1.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI