Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/8/2005 12:54:51 AM   
Widell

I just couldn´t help it! With the great news of new life for the TOAW:COW game, here´s a little During Action Report for you all: Red Storm at Fulda 1955 (~1.3 MB PDF for download)

Nothing fancy, just me against the AI - Long time since I played, so I´m feeling a bit rusty....

/Widell
Post #: 1
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/8/2005 1:39:43 AM   
sstevens06

Good work - keep it up!

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 2
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/8/2005 2:30:54 AM   
Pippin

AI in TOAW, it seems to be partly inteligent. As in, it knows when to break out of an encirclement (or it's just coincidence). But it sure can't spot an encirclement coming, even when totaly obvious to a four year old.

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to sstevens06)
Post #: 3
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/8/2005 4:48:54 AM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pippin

AI in TOAW, it seems to be partly inteligent. As in, it knows when to break out of an encirclement (or it's just coincidence).

Well, when an objective some way back along the line is taken, the AI goes apeshit to try to retake it. Thing is, if no objectives are involved, the AI doesn't even know that it's been encircled. All it sees is one formation at a time and whether or not each of its objectives are in friendly hands.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 4
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/8/2005 8:16:43 AM   
Pippin

Most my joy comes from editing the maps to unlimited turns, and then seeing how fast I can try to eliminate every single enemy unit. I think the AI performs not too smart here either, and is too many times suckered & lured into still trying to go after points here.

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 5
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/9/2005 3:27:51 PM   
Widell

I agree, the AI is one of the weak areas in TOAW (as in many other games too). In this case I just wanted to get myself back up to speed on TOAW:COW again without the commiutment of a PBEM game. And you know what? It´s as fun as ever! I am really looking forward to see some progress for this great game...

/Widell

PS Updated AAR will follow as soon as I get some more time to pound those WP forces DS

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 6
RE: While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) - 11/30/2005 8:25:00 PM   
Widell

Bump - AAR now complete with a, not very surprisingly, significant victory for NATO vs AI/WP- Use the link in the first post to download the now 3.8 MB PDF

/Widell

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> While we´re waiting (DAR/AAR) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI