Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Age of Empires III Demo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Age of Empires III Demo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Age of Empires III Demo - 10/16/2005 9:08:28 AM   
KG Erwin

Anyone else tried this yet? This is a great successor to the AoE series, but now, colonial ambitions in the New World offer even more options in gameplay. The coolest feature in battles is the addition of artillery and even rocket units (yep, the Brits have them --we are reminded of why the line "and the rockets' red glare" is included in our National Anthem). Add to this some astounding 3D graphics, the addition of a "home city" in the Old World, and better naval battles, and you've got a winner.

Too many "hardcore" grognards write off games like this, but IMHO, they have their place. Once in awhile, I DO enjoy a game that knocks me out with its sheer beauty and the fun factor. It's a pleasure that I don't feel guilty about in the slightest.

Post #: 1
RE: Age of Empires III Demo - 10/18/2005 7:09:09 AM   
ShermanM4

I love how the infantry march in formation. They give orders and reload all together. It is so cool Some of the other stuff like the home city and the port is good. I like the direction the AoE series went with Age of Mythology. It looks like many of the AoM elements were incorporated into AoEIII. I can't wait to see how many 7 years War or French and Indian War mods, maps, and scenarios that will come out, maybe, even Napoleonic ones too.

"Perserverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages."

~General George Washington

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Age of Empires III Demo - 10/18/2005 8:11:03 PM   
ravinhood

Heh if I have a choice between AOE III and Monopoly Tycoon, I'll take Monopoly Tycoon everytime. I know there are those that like clickfest games, I'm just not one of them.

(in reply to ShermanM4)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Age of Empires III Demo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI