Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Latest News (10/27/2005)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Latest News (10/27/2005) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/27/2005 5:52:31 PM   
Siberian HEAT

The TOAW ME Development group is putting the final touches on their paperwork and should begin their duties shortly. Here is the list in case you are interested, or know any of these cats;

Jamiam (member of everywhere)
Ed Morris (aka Curahee/Blitz Ladder Custodian)
Brian King (Team Leader/SZO)
Daniel McBride (Scenario Manager/Rugged Defense)
Mantis (SZO)
Dan Neely
JMS from TDG
Piero1971
Pavel Voylov

We have an updated Bug List here. Please note that I have this posted on my forum so that I don't have to update it in two different places. You don't have to be a member to look at it.

If you see a BUG that is not listed here, please contact me using the PM system here or email me at SIBERIANHEAT -AT- STRATEGYZONEONLINE.COM. I want to make sure we don't miss anything. Please note that we are only after bugs at this time for the first iteration of this release, features will come later! Thanks to all who have already done this. We have way more feature requests than I have had time to enter into the master list (we'll get to them!)

Otherwise, everything has been pretty quiet. Nothing exciting to report as yet.

< Message edited by Siberian HEAT -- 10/27/2005 5:54:24 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 5:56:17 AM   
scout1

quote:

We have an updated Bug List here. Please note that I have this posted on my forum so that I don't have to update it in two different places. You don't have to be a member to look at it.

How about a link to the bug list on the other site ....

(in reply to Siberian HEAT)
Post #: 2
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 6:06:05 AM   
Siberian HEAT

It is actually linked where it says "here" but it doesn't show up very well.

I'll post it again

<<here>>

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 3
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 11:14:37 AM   
Grisha

HEAT,

A suggestion for links in forums that delete the underline. Put the link name in bold type :)

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

(in reply to Siberian HEAT)
Post #: 4
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 11:54:32 AM   
Pippin

I did not notice there were so many interesting ways to cheat. Now I see why cheating was so rampant back in the day...

Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…

(in reply to Grisha)
Post #: 5
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 11:58:41 AM   
steveh11Matrix

Well, not if you played solo....although I'm aware some people call that cheating in itself!

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 6
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 12:37:47 PM   
JMS2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pippin

I did not notice there were so many interesting ways to cheat. Now I see why cheating was so rampant back in the day...

It was??? I never had anyone cheat on me, but then that may have been worse, as it left no way out of the humilliations.

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 7
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/28/2005 2:20:21 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMS2

quote:

I never had anyone cheat on me,

How can you be sure?

O.

(in reply to JMS2)
Post #: 8
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/30/2005 2:26:21 AM   
L`zard

No offense intended, Oleg,but...

Doesn't your level of cynical overload wear you down sometimes?

Sounds like you think your 'rice crispys' are swearing at you every breakfast-time..........

Personally, I'd prefer to think no serious war-gamer would bother to cheat......what's the point?

"The Plays the game", eh?

If I really thought I was up against a 'cheater', well, that's what they make 'ignore lists' for, eh?

Cheer up, man, cheer up!

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 9
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/30/2005 2:53:00 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: L`zard

No offense intended, Oleg,but...

Doesn't your level of cynical overload wear you down sometimes?

Personally, I'd prefer to think no serious war-gamer would bother to cheat......what's the point?

No offense taken... Well various ladders are inventions from hell - they make already competitive people become over-competitive and do anything to win.

I play PBEM but I never play ladders, never did, and never would...

As for cheating...

I once had a guy I know, wargamer of many years, actually admit to me in conversation face to face of using the famous "turn didn't end until fat lady sang" trick in TOAW PBEMs. It's a well known little trick where you can continue playing even if the turn officially ended. I was flabbergasted - maybe not so much by the fact he was doing it, more with the way he said that as if "we all do it right?".

NO, he does not post on this board, and NO he is not involved in TOAW development, and NO you don't know him so don't try to pinpoint his identity

I also know of this guy casualy admitting of using "reload turn until I win" trick in some other game I played, which also was notorious for easiness of such procedures. He said it as if that's something we all do regularly...

So... it's not even the issue of downright "cheating" it's the issue of people having different perceptions as to what is right and what is wrong to do when playing the game. Developers should make their games bullet proof just so that some general standard of honesty is established.

O.

(in reply to L`zard)
Post #: 10
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 10/30/2005 3:17:50 AM   
L`zard

Oleg;

I entirely agree vis your comments concerning ladders....

As to the rest, what can I say, sorry for your bad experiences I suppose.

Personally, while I might seem some sort of virginal type....still, until proven wrong I believe only the best about individuals that wargame.

LOL, I guess I'm using the 'fool me twice' rule, eh?

The only 'gamers' I'd comtemplate playing against are already people I know from the various 'boards'.....as I'm mostly looking for something that the PO can never give, ie: 'teach me a new way of looking at a historical situation', not 'let's throw hands....', ..........

Winning a scenario doesn't mean that you 'understand the situation' ........

A quote for you..."Battles are not won by the most COMPETENT side, but rather by the LEAST INCOMPETENT.." or something like it.

For myself, I learn more from having my axx kicked that from 'steam-rolling' someone, eh?

Back in my 20's I used to 'rule-lawyer' a game to oblivion, now I just play for the fun of the learning curve! (tho I admit to 'harrasing' given designers until they wish they'd never responded in the first place, concerning bits and dabs of their rule-sets, lol).

I guess this is why there is a current thread concerning 'ways to stop cheating' eh?

PS: Time to get back on thread, eh?

< Message edited by L`zard -- 10/30/2005 4:03:52 AM >

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 11
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 11/17/2005 12:12:06 AM   
macgregor

Hopefully you guys on the development team will start to interact a little. Even if not all that much has been done, your reaction to my ideas as well as offering up some of your own would be nice. I see no reason why this game needs to be developed under a shroud.

(in reply to L`zard)
Post #: 12
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 11/17/2005 2:13:14 PM   
JMS2

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor

Hopefully you guys on the development team will start to interact a little. Even if not all that much has been done, your reaction to my ideas as well as offering up some of your own would be nice. I see no reason why this game needs to be developed under a shroud.

We can't, really. We all signed a non disclosure agreement to keep the game under wraps until the time Matrix releases it, or allows us to comment it. Suffice to say that we are indeed working.

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 13
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 11/17/2005 4:01:47 PM   
macgregor

quote:

We can't, really. We all signed a non disclosure agreement to keep the game under wraps until the time Matrix releases it, or allows us to comment it. Suffice to say that we are indeed working.

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, you obviously are reading the posts. That's the most important thing. Thanks for enlightening me. I feel better now.

(in reply to JMS2)
Post #: 14
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 11/18/2005 12:20:03 AM   
pvthudson01

quote:

What is even lamer is that people would actually go to all that trouble to cheat

(in reply to Pippin)
Post #: 15
RE: Latest News (10/27/2005) - 11/18/2005 3:00:53 AM   
macgregor

quote:

What is even lamer is that people would actually go to all that trouble to cheat

Amen. I don't think they intentionally cheat. They're so curious as to 'how would one cheat' they learn too much about the game. Soon their self-serving logic sets in,'well, I couldn't let him take Paris!'. Most of these guys usually end up designing scenarios, or games. So I don't come down on them too hard. I just avoid playing against them.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Latest News (10/27/2005) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI