Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000 - 11/9/2005 12:10:40 AM   
JonnieR

The association is ready, all of the players having been imported using the new sandlot mode.

At the moment all of the players are free agents awaiting the draft. The association is set up with 2 leagues, 3 Divisions and 4 teams per division. I would like to save this association as is and make it available for download or just email it to people who are interested.

Question 1. I assume I can just save the association with all the players in free agency??

Question 2. Having saved the association I plan to store it as a .rar file and make it available to the general public. I would like to find someplace to upload the file for distribution, any suggestions as to what/who is available to host this file?

Question 3. I have updated the player face files to include 1990's and present day players and have faces for about 97% of the association. I would be happy to upload my face packs, but it is a very large file, any suggestions for locating this file?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000 - 11/9/2005 2:54:07 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnieR

The association is ready, all of the players having been imported using the new sandlot mode.

At the moment all of the players are free agents awaiting the draft. The association is set up with 2 leagues, 3 Divisions and 4 teams per division. I would like to save this association as is and make it available for download or just email it to people who are interested.

Question 1. I assume I can just save the association with all the players in free agency??

Yes, that works fine.

quote:

Question 2. Having saved the association I plan to store it as a .rar file and make it available to the general public. I would like to find someplace to upload the file for distribution, any suggestions as to what/who is available to host this file?

Hopefully someone will have some suggestions here. I think they host sports game add-on files at www.baseballsimcentral.com

quote:

Question 3. I have updated the player face files to include 1990's and present day players and have faces for about 97% of the association. I would be happy to upload my face packs, but it is a very large file, any suggestions for locating this file?

Not off the top of my head.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 2
RE: Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000 - 11/9/2005 4:04:18 PM   
jdew

A suggestion...

Baseball Sim Central ( www.baseballsimcentral.com ) does host add-ons and does have a Puresim section. Once you upload it takes a few days before the file is available though. Be sure to include a readme file in the zip. (At least that's the way its worked in the past... I haven't uploaded anything there in a while.) Its been a very dependable, free location for hosting baseball sim add-ons of all sorts and its been around for years, so I'd recommend you take a look.

If you check around that site you'll see that they are hosting some fairly large files as well as the smaller ones... though if you feel your facepack is really large, you might want to consider breaking it into several files to make downloading easier for those folks that don't have high speed connections.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Alltime Greats Association - 1960-2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI