Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Column to line & Line of sight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Column to line & Line of sight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Column to line & Line of sight - 1/18/2006 9:28:16 PM   
The Other Kingmaker

HiHi

Firstly please, please Matrix, do not muck the Graphics about, they are worlds above what I have seen of HPS stuff, as Rhonda suggests elsewhere, use glasses, I do, go on, ... it's not a fashion issue, ... no one is looking

My 2 beefs with BG ACW games are no ability to change from column into line and move forward, for e.g. it would be nice if a regiment in column could say move 4 on road, (4mp), change into line (4mp) and then advance 2 (4mp) dependant on terrain etc. Maybe penalty move points could be introduced depending on the rating of the regiment e.g. A-B none, C-D 3, E-F 4, that would help reflect their abilities on the field.

My second beef is same phase line of sight; e.g. a cavalry regiment out scouting can have a clear field of view for say 10+ hex, but not know there are massed ranks of enemy 6 gun batteries just 2 hexes away until you bump into them!!! Could that not be fixed, again depending on terrain and mayebe a penalty 1mp to stop and look ?

Just my 2 pennies worth.

All the Best
Peter
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Column to line & Line of sight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI