Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory Levels

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Victory Levels Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory Levels - 7/17/2006 5:25:17 AM   
Twotribes

I am playing a new campaign , started with Enhanced V1 and did first battle in Poland , I had to assault the Poles. I never do real well on this type missions , got a score of 13925 to 9472, a Draw ( to be expected from score)

The losses were as follows

Germany Poland

men 224 1377
Art 0 37
SVeh 2 0
APC 7 0
AFV 10 17
no aircraft for either side lost
It took 24 of 33 turns to secure all the victory areas but in the end all were held by the Germans.

The second Polish battle was a German Advance against Polish Delay

Score was Germany 12464 Polish 2510

Losses as follow

Germany Poland

men 123 1955
Art 0 34
SVeh 2 0
APC 7 0
AFV 4 17
No aircraft on either side.

The battle was declared a German Minor Victory and a Polish Minor loss. Notice I had over 4 to one on score. And I held all the victory areas at the end ( took 12 turns I believe)

Question...... What is the score determined by? What point spread is needed for different levels of Victory? Were any changes made to thses by Enhamced?

I suspect the score and conditions are effected by the new moral and training levels more than anything else. One can not expect to roll to a decisive victory as easily as in the past.

But it seems odd that my nearly 5 to one win is no more than a marginal Victory.
Post #: 1
RE: Victory Levels - 7/17/2006 6:29:44 AM   
FlashfyreSP

To get a Decisive, you need a ratio of 5/1 or greater. The levels were not adjusted for Enhanced; and the only effect the new ratings would have is that they moight help reduce the number of unit casualties, thus reducing the total points gained/lost for damage. This was by no means an intentional change, but one that comes with the use of the Experience/Morale settings.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory Levels - 7/17/2006 6:32:19 AM   
Korpraali V

Hi!

It seems that against the AI you need 3:1 to get minor victory and 5:1 to get decesive. In PBEM however you need 2:1 for marginal and 4:1 for decesive victory. The online game is beyond my knowledge.

http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3933&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory Levels - 7/17/2006 6:33:13 AM   
Korpraali V

Heh, Flash was faster. It took too long for me to look for the answer.

< Message edited by Korpraali V -- 7/17/2006 6:35:11 AM >

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory Levels - 7/17/2006 8:29:08 AM   
Twotribes

As I susapected. This is a nice change by the way. No more of the one sided victories where the AI gets like 200 points and you walk away with 13 k or more points.

I may complain about the German morale, but in the end the changes make for a more interesting time against the AI. My next battle is against Belgium it is another assault ( I hate them).

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: Victory Levels - 7/18/2006 12:18:24 AM   
Goblin

I thought PBEM was 6:1 DV, and 4:1 MV, due to playing a more advanced opponent.

Goblin

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: Victory Levels - 7/18/2006 1:49:16 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

To get a Decisive, you need a ratio of 5/1 or greater. The levels were not adjusted for Enhanced; and the only effect the new ratings would have is that they moight help reduce the number of unit casualties, thus reducing the total points gained/lost for damage. This was by no means an intentional change, but one that comes with the use of the Experience/Morale settings.

If I knew how they would have been adjusted...
LOL

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Victory Levels Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI