Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

one thing to consider for the future of the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> one thing to consider for the future of the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/15/2006 4:44:52 AM   
wheeljack12

If there ever is a league licence, please don't make any restrictions to the leagues, please. Meaning allow full customization of those leagues. Because I am sick and tired of Madden and how you can't transfer your created teams and leagues year to year. Yes, Max football is not a year to year made game like madden, but I don't want to see official leagues not being allowed to add user created teams and/or using the same for official league game play. I used to make a Bills team of the best players all time like in madden but then couldn't use that team in the league, only in exhibition play. The way to get the players to be in the league is to create the players in their free agent pool with bad ratings (because you can't shut off their salary cap because the ratings made the salary higher) then release league players and add my free agents to the current bills team. I also can't stand the fact they don't allow you to transfer their leagues of the past year to the next year via copy and paste or conversion ulility. You have to create your stuff new again year to year. But then this game doesn't have this problem. That means I would at least appreciate if the game can be upgraded over time (if this happens) over doing completely new version within reason to avoid the previous in madden.
Post #: 1
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/15/2006 5:01:27 AM   
frunky

Why would they want to slap on a league license
They would have to pay for the license on an annual basis

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to wheeljack12)
Post #: 2
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/15/2006 9:26:15 PM   
wheeljack12

I wasn't asking about him getting a league lisence. David has said no to the initial game not having one. He has said he would consider one for the future. I am asking him not to not restict the game if he does this the way EA does if a league lisense ever came about. Yes, you do pay for a lisence but if you make a good game, it more than pays for itself when you have a league backing your product to help sell and advertise.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 3
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/15/2006 11:24:05 PM   
QBPR

It's always been my understanding that when a publisher secures a league license, certain restrictions come with it. Sometimes it's not up the publisher to not impose certain limitations in the game because the leagues who you are representing by using their license(s) feel that certains standards have to be met to preserve their image(s). This is the reason why EA removed an animation of fans storming the field and tearing down goalposts a few years ago in their collegiate football title after pressure from the NCAA to do so. I've heard the NFL is even worse, remember that show on ESPN (about football) that was cancelled after pressure from them?

(in reply to wheeljack12)
Post #: 4
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/16/2006 4:27:24 AM   
David Winter

Any league license would require a License Pack. The game has been designed to deal with just these. They reduce the rules options to only those for the particular league. This would be a requirement of any league. I really couldn't see the CFL licensing a game that allowed for 4 downs. Or an indoor league doing the same.

(in reply to QBPR)
Post #: 5
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/16/2006 5:03:50 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

Any league license would require a License Pack. The game has been designed to deal with just these. They reduce the rules options to only those for the particular league. This would be a requirement of any league. I really couldn't see the CFL licensing a game that allowed for 4 downs. Or an indoor league doing the same.

I've always thought that leagues not allowing non-league stuff is really sad. The league play and home made leagues were killed in Madden because the NFL didn't want anything but NFL play.

I don't play with league players anyway, so I could care less about league packs. Please do not destroy the main game with them.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/16/2006 5:04:40 AM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/16/2006 6:09:50 PM   
Breeze

I agree - the replay value increases dramatically if you keep the real players and teams out. Especially since you can add them in yourself if you really want them.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/16/2006 9:09:34 PM   
zowee77

If I had requests of this game in the future it would be not to limit any aspects of the flexability the game has to offer. I would rather the game not have a affiliation with any league and continue to be independant from everything in order to maintain flexability. If I want CFL or NFL then someone will have the uniforms available for download and an individual can add them into the game. Also if a revised financial model is implemented in the game that included a salary cap etc. I would like to also have a feature to turn the financial model completely off in order to allow more control over the game especially for the league I commish.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 8
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/16/2006 9:19:27 PM   
Marauders

I am not stating that David and the guys at Matrix Games should not try to contract for a version of the game with a license; I am saying that it should be released as a different version of the game or as an add-on game pack that does not alter the game like had been done in the days of old.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 9
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/17/2006 9:12:21 AM   
midwave

quote:

Indoor leagues use 4 downs, but don't allow punting. Its FG or go on 4th every series!

Post #: 10
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/17/2006 9:52:52 AM   
David Winter

quote:

ORIGINAL: midwave

quote:

Indoor leagues use 4 downs, but don't allow punting. Its FG or go on 4th every series!

Yes, I'm aware. What I meant was I would doubt that the CFL would allow a game that used 4 downs, or an indoor league to allow a game that had the option of 3 downs (etc...)

David

(in reply to midwave)
Post #: 11
RE: one thing to consider for the future of the game - 2/17/2006 5:48:23 PM   
Lions

David,

Will the game have on/off for chanllege replays? The chanllege instant replays like the NFL when the team challenge a catch or a touchdown call. The team that loses the call lose a timeout. This does not apply to CFL yet.

Sladebuck

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> one thing to consider for the future of the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI