Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions on gameplay before I buy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questions on gameplay before I buy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions on gameplay before I buy. - 2/21/2006 3:16:32 AM   
incbob

Hello.
I am a huge footbal fan of all types and this game looks verying interesting to me. However, before I guy I have several questions.

1) Do you have to control players like in an arcade game? I realize most games out there today run that way, but I for one like calling the play and then setting back to watch what happens.

2) Playbook. I notice the game FAQ mentions a playbook and that players can create plays. Is there a way to create plays "on the fly" during a game? How many plays can be in a playbook during a game?

Post #: 1
RE: Questions on gameplay before I buy. - 2/21/2006 3:23:28 AM   
zowee77

If you will look at the top of these forums you will find a thread called "Maximum Football FAQ and Feature List" that will answer probably most questions you ask. If you are looking for a game that is more than a arcade game like Madden you have came to the right place.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions on gameplay before I buy. - 2/21/2006 5:04:18 AM   
JaguarUSF

1. You can, although they game is meant to be played from "coaching" mode, where you just call the plays

2. No "on the fly" plays or "hot routes." I don't think there's a limit to the number of plays in a playbook other than the memory in your hard drive, although I could be wrong. I don't remember a specific limitation mentioned before.

(in reply to zowee77)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions on gameplay before I buy. - 2/21/2006 7:35:03 AM   
Marauders

quote:

1) Do you have to control players like in an arcade game? I realize most games out there today run that way, but I for one like calling the play and then setting back to watch what happens.

Maximum-Football has an arcade mode and a coaching mode. The latter is what you would like.

quote:

2) Playbook. I notice the game FAQ mentions a playbook and that players can create plays. Is there a way to create plays "on the fly" during a game? How many plays can be in a playbook during a game?

One cannot create plays on the fly. All plays have to be in the playbook.

How many plays? As many as can be kept in the files I would think.

From the screenshots one may see that four formations and then four plays come up on the screen at each stage of play selection, and one can scroll through more. Having twenty plays for a formation would get a bit hard to keep track of while scrolling through them as the play clock ticks.

A good coach, as in real life, must be organized.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Questions on gameplay before I buy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI