Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What sort of league do you plan on creating?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> What sort of league do you plan on creating? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 7:44:09 AM   
Maliki

I'm thinking amateur to start off with.

The one thing i'm afraid of is that it will end up like an NFL Films presents lowlights of a strike season,with mistakes galore.At some point i would like to use the game,for personal enjoyment,to simulate the NFL season games.That may be a little beyond my skill though at this point.Not to mention time consuming.

So what is the first league you plan to start off with for personal satisfaction(not as a group effort)?

Proffesional,College,Canadian,Arena,Amateur,Pee-wee,a mixture of some or all of the above?

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."
Post #: 1
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 8:37:10 AM   
Magnum357

I have a Football Pro 98 league that I want to port over that is based on a Fantasy league type concept. It takes place in a fictional nation with fictional cities and teams. I'll have two levels, a regional minor league (not sure how many teams, but will be quite a few) that play a short 10 game season, and a Major league that will only be about 8 to 10 teams in size. I will be using American (100 yard) rules with some modifications here and there.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 2
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 8:51:09 AM   
Marauders

A cheerleader league.

Getting the uniforms right will be a buggar though.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 8:53:42 AM   
Magnum357

Why give'em uinforms?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 8:57:29 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357

Why give'em uinforms?

Well, ya see, there's the rub.

I'm not sure what skill attributes they should have either.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 9:12:50 AM   
Maliki

Geez..ask a non-serious question.

Anyways i'd rather talk about this then how bad the game is going to suck from people whom haven't played it.Until a playtester comes on and says "It totaly bit balls" or the release and popular opinion takes hold..Lets have some fun with what our imaginations have thought up before reality takes hold.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 9:19:00 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maliki

Geez..ask a non-serious question.

Anyways i'd rather talk about this then how bad the game is going to suck from people whom haven't played it.Until a playtester comes on and says "It totaly bit balls" or the release and popular opinion takes hold..Lets have some fun with what our imaginations have thought up before reality takes hold.

So far, the beta guys have said it is a fun game. They can't say much though, as they are under NDA's with the penalty of death or dismemberment.

(in reply to Maliki)
Post #: 7
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 4:20:03 PM   
nmleague

Well for some reason I always end up doing a European league of about 10-12 teams, at least with FPS I did. I usually coach one team and play that teams games, but sim the other league games. And since I like the career aspect I like having only a 10-12 game regular schedule so that seasons dont drag out.

Im thinking of 3 leagues with Max, of which I will be doing the team uniforms and filed art for all teams. One is a 24 team world league using american football rules with a college style overtime if possible, still trying to limit regular season length to abut 12 games. Second is something I have just been thinking of the past few days, a US college league since I have been doing college uniforms. Im thinking the college league would have either 3-4 conferences, the conference champs plus wild card teams would make up a playoff field of 8 teams. Third will probably be a 1950's era NFL league.

Also based on what I have seen of the Old Coaches screen shots I might try a 1910s-1930s league if he makes his plays/books and uniforms available. In addition I might work on a High School league if I have time to develope high school plays and playbooks (I was a HS coach for a number of years).

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 5:06:21 PM   
DandricSturm

quote:

Why give'em uinforms?

Yeah, a naked co-ed league.

Actually I have no idea yet. I'll have to play around a bit. I might start out arena simply to keep the size of the rosters down. It would be cool if you could import players from one league to another.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 9
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 5:27:28 PM   
Breeze

I'm toying with a few different ideas. One is an Arena-style league, but based on Canadian rules (do they even have anything like that in Canada?).

I'm also thinking of maybe doing a CFL Europe (I already have some uni ideas for that one though I haven't started any yet).

I'm going to have to play some games with the stock teams, get a feel for gameplay and the different rules, and then see what I like.

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 10
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/14/2006 9:02:27 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I'm also thinking of maybe doing a CFL Europe (I already have some uni ideas for that one though I haven't started any yet).

A couple weeks ago, I was thinking about why so many NFL Europe teams have failed. There are no longer any British or Spanish teams left. Then I thought that those areas are used to a faster paced futball (soccer), so it may be that the Canadian rules would be more to their liking.

My league is American rules standard, but I will likely have some fun with the CFL game.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 11
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 12:30:31 AM   
Magnum357

I think the reason why many European teams failed over the years is that the Germans seem to be the only ones passionate for football. Maybe in the future that could change, but the other European countries don't seem to support it aswell as the Germans.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 12
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 3:57:53 AM   
Breeze

Also, one of the main ideas behind NFL Europe (originally the WLAF) was to hopefully develop some NFL-worthy football players in those other countries. That hasn't happened except for a few kickers.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 13
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 4:33:04 AM   
wheeljack12

one sentence, north of the border! I have waited forever to play out the Canadian game.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 14
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 5:06:19 AM   
frunky

I plan on making a league with a candian field with 11 men and 4 downs

(in reply to wheeljack12)
Post #: 15
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 6:58:25 AM   
Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: wheeljack12

one sentence, north of the border! I have waited forever to play out the Canadian game.

That's actually how I discovered this game - I was watching the Grey Cup and wondered if anyone had ever made a CFL game. I did a Google search and wound up here, and I'm glad I did. I think this very well could be the best football game ever made.

Post #: 16
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/15/2006 10:23:06 PM   
wheeljack12

David had actually demoed this game for the 2004 labour day game in Hamilton. Mind you, it was done pregame on the Ivor Wynne Tigervision.

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 17
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/16/2006 8:33:43 PM   
dmmnd9

me and my friends get together on occasion and play football on a nearby field BUT we are all getting too old and job responsible to play a lot due to possible injuries. So MY league is gonna be a 4 team league, 8 man teams and the rosters are gonna be all the guys that have played with us over the years. I plan on playing 90% of the players on both sides of the ball. I have my database made already with complete ratings using the ratings from MaxFB. Hopefully I can come close to simulating our games...we don't kick FGs or PATs. I'm really hoping there is a way to change the tendencies of the CPU to 2-pt conversions rather than the PAT. Am I the only one on the boards doing anything like this?

Post #: 18
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/16/2006 8:46:44 PM   
midwave

I plan on creating indoor leagues.
For the past 4 years, on the only (until now) PC football series, I've been making the graphics and semi-accurate rosters for indoor football teams, as well as some custom fantasy teams.
With all the customization and accuracy possibilities, I will be creating the most accurate artwork and rosters for the AIFL, UIFA, and new GLIFL indoor leagues, and I'll also be making a roster of all 3 combined with a variation on each of their rules.
AIFL and UIFA are traditional indoor 8-on-8, with the newly formed GLIFL being 7-on-7.

< Message edited by midwave -- 2/16/2006 8:54:38 PM >

(in reply to dmmnd9)
Post #: 19
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/16/2006 11:11:31 PM   
Lions

Using CFL rules

CFL with 10 teams. I either pick Windsor or Halifax.

West
BC
CALGARY
EDMONTON
SASKATCHEWAN
WINNEPIG

East
HAMILTON
MONTREAL
OTTAWA
TORONTO
WINDSOR (HALIFAX)

Sladebuck

(in reply to midwave)
Post #: 20
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/16/2006 11:24:36 PM   
JosephL

If anyone is planning on hosting an online league let me know and I will join :) Beware the power of the Joester and his ... crazy plays.

Joseph Lieberman

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 21
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/17/2006 4:52:21 AM   
Breeze

Off-topic curiosity from an American: I see how David put a team in Halifax in the default Canadian league, and I also see where the CFL is playing an exhibition game there. Is there any chance that the CFL will actually put a team in Halifax? A 9-team league looks so unwieldy to me.

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 22
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/17/2006 5:28:04 AM   
Dark Horse

It'll be a 16 team American Pro League. Sort of a replay of a league a group of friends and relatives had on the original Madden game. It started off as two guys playing it and soon there were eight of us. i went through a Pro Football Weekly mag and gave ratings to all the players on all of the teams in the NFL. And we picked players to form our own team. Then we made some computer run teams from the other players.

For this game, i'll reproduce those eight teams. Plus, i'll add the teams that came with Madden, the Blitzers (the Bears w/ Payton and the 46 defense), the Ringers (the Steelers w/ Bradshaw, Swan and Stallworth), the Vice Squad (w/ Marino and the Marks Brothers), the Eighters (w/ Montana, Craig and Rice) and Madden's old team (i forget what they were called, but they had Stabler, Bilentnikoff and Casper). i'll also throw in two Playmaker teams Badmen and Whammers. And the last one is the wild card. i'm not sure what team i'll use for that.

But that will keep me busy for a while. After that, maybe i'll look into joining a league.

Everytime i call it a business you call it a game. But when i call it a game you call it a business!

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 23
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/17/2006 7:09:23 AM   
JonnieR

Initially the NFL 1995 season. Go 9ers.

(in reply to Dark Horse)
Post #: 24
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/17/2006 5:10:00 PM   
Brodie

quote:

Off-topic curiosity from an American: I see how David put a team in Halifax in the default Canadian league, and I also see where the CFL is playing an exhibition game there. Is there any chance that the CFL will actually put a team in Halifax? A 9-team league looks so unwieldy to me.

Halifax has won the right to bid for the 2014 Commonwealth games.Without winning the hosting of the Commonwealth games their is probably no chance of Halifax entering the CFL.Theres no staduim for a CFL team to play.The exhibition game is at St Marys University.I believe that seats around 6000.The add anouther 11000 tempory seats for the exhibition game.

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 25
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/17/2006 5:16:43 PM   
Brodie

http://www.geocities.com/brodiepilous/
Were going with a ten team CFL type league using the actual players of the CFL.The 10th team will be in Mexico City it will be made up of CFL cuts and NFLE players.The Mexican born players in NFLE will be place on the team and classed as non-imports.

(in reply to Brodie)
Post #: 26
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/19/2006 9:28:57 PM   
Maestro

quote:

I think the reason why many European teams failed over the years is that the Germans seem to be the only ones passionate for football. Maybe in the future that could change, but the other European countries don't seem to support it aswell as the Germans.

There are a lot of football fans in Denmark, but becourse of our low population and soccer as the main sport I doubt that we will ever have a desent league or devlop players to play in NFL

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 27
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/19/2006 9:32:26 PM   
Panzeh

Morten Andersen was Danish. He was a great kicker.

(in reply to Maestro)
Post #: 28
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/19/2006 9:36:43 PM   
Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panzeh

Morten Andersen was Danish. He was a great kicker.

Yes! and maybe there will be a new danish kicker in NFL in a few years, but I don't think there will ever be a danish field player in NFL

(in reply to Panzeh)
Post #: 29
RE: What sort of league do you plan on creating? - 2/19/2006 10:36:05 PM   
garysorrell

Im going with an indoor league first, just because its something we havent been able to do before.

Then I will most likely go CFL and...well, ok, I will probably just run all kinds of stuff, so much we can do with this game its incredible.

(in reply to Maestro)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> What sort of league do you plan on creating? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI