Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another report of intermittent problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Another report of intermittent problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another report of intermittent problems - 3/6/2006 8:34:44 AM   
zotres

Here are a few things I've seen (unfortunately I can't reproduce most of these at will):

1. I started a game (US quickplay) where the computer-controlled side won the toss and elected to receive, but then that side kicked off at the start of the game.

2. Had another game (US quickplay) where the same side received at the start of both halves.

3. Had a computer-controlled team (US quickplay) call a timeout immediately after the 2-minute warning had stopped the clock.

4. After viewing the half-time stats I hit continue to start the second half. Before choosing the kickoff play I mistakenly hit the timeout key and was charged with a timeout before play began. A stupid mistake on my part, but it would be helpful for people like me if timeouts were disabled before kickoffs or when play is stopped.

5. Twice on offense I've seen the computer run the previous play again rather than the one I selected. Both times I used the same formation twice in a row but with different selected plays, and the second play's selection seemed to get lost.

6. On a punt return play the kick sailed over the head of the return man and bounced into the end zone. Instead of downing the ball the return man fielded it 5 yards deep in the end zone and returned it out to the 2. Not sure if this is a problem or an accurate model of a very poor decision.

Post #: 1
RE: Another report of intermittent problems - 3/6/2006 9:39:51 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

ORIGINAL: zotres

6. On a punt return play the kick sailed over the head of the return man and bounced into the end zone. Instead of downing the ball the return man fielded it 5 yards deep in the end zone and returned it out to the 2. Not sure if this is a problem or an accurate model of a very poor decision.

Actually, in all the games I have played so far, I have yet too see any Punt or Kickoff where the Return guy actually catches the ball in the air. I always see it hit the ground then the players scramble to pick it up. Its not a big issue to me really, but makes you wonder if Fair Catches are even possible.

(in reply to zotres)
Post #: 2
RE: Another report of intermittent problems - 3/6/2006 4:58:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnum357
Actually, in all the games I have played so far, I have yet too see any Punt or Kickoff where the Return guy actually catches the ball in the air. I always see it hit the ground then the players scramble to pick it up. Its not a big issue to me really, but makes you wonder if Fair Catches are even possible.

Magnum,

FYI, this is because you are below minimum spec and running 10-15 fps. It's one of the symptoms, along with your pass incompletions, of being well below the required fps range.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: Another report of intermittent problems - 3/7/2006 1:24:48 AM   
Magnum357

I see. I still don't understand why though the FPS would effect gameplay like that. Not complaining, just seems strange.

I'm thinking about installing my Geforce card on my system to help out performance, might even buy some extra RAM once I get some extra money.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Another report of intermittent problems - 3/7/2006 1:38:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

Magnum,

It only affects the gameplay below a certain level, otherwise the game plays the same from about 20fps on up. I'm not sure I understand the specifics, but I felt I should chime in again to make sure I let you know that those issues are also due to the low fps. There no system "too powerful", the only problem is if you get below the minimum range and the game does warn you and adjust the settings down as far as it can. I agree that a video card upgrade would sort things out - I'm not trying to pressure you on that, just to make sure I answer any reported issues.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Another report of intermittent problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI