Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rouge on punts?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Rouge on punts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rouge on punts? - 3/4/2006 10:36:10 PM   
MjH

In the last game I played (Canadian rules), I had four instances of a punt being kicked into, and the receiver being tackled, in the endzone. The ball was brought out to the 35 for the scrimmage, but the kicking team was not given the single point. The manual specifically mentions the rouge only in the context of a field goal, so I'm assuming that this is expected behaviour.

Are there plans to add the rouge to punting plays as well?

Post #: 1
RE: Rouge on punts? - 3/5/2006 4:32:00 AM   
Magnum357

I'm no expert on CFL rules, but I thought only Feildgoals and Kickoffs are where you can get a rouge. Can you get a rouge on Punts aswell?

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 2
RE: Rouge on punts? - 3/5/2006 4:51:53 AM   
MjH

quote:

I'm no expert on CFL rules, but I thought only Feildgoals and Kickoffs are where you can get a rouge. Can you get a rouge on Punts aswell?

A team can score a rouge on any kick that is not returned out of the endzone, except for kickoffs and converts.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: Rouge on punts? - 3/5/2006 6:17:27 AM   
Marauders

From CFL.ca
quote:

Article 4: Single Point or Rouge

If the ball is kicked into the goal area by an opponent, a rouge is scored (1) when the ball becomes dead in possession of a team in its own goal area or (2) when the ball touches or crosses the deadline, or a side-line-in-goal, and touches the ground, a player, or some object beyond these lines.

AR Team A kicks to Team B. B1 attempting to catch the ball on Team B 3 yard line, fumbles it and is tackled with the ball in possession in the Team B goal area. Ruling - rouge (ball deemed to have been kicked into goal area by Team A).

AR Team A kicks to Team B. B1 catches the ball in the field of play while moving towards own goal line and, in the judgment of the official, the momentum carries B1 into own goal area. Ruling - possession deemed to have been gained in the goal area.
After a rouge the team scored against shall next put the ball into play by a scrimmage as first down at any point between the hash marks on its 35-yard line.

If the single point was scored as the result of an unsuccessful field goal attempt the team scored against may elect to scrimmage the ball at any point between the hash marks on its own 35 yard line or at the previous line of scrimmage.
Note: For the purposes of this Article a drop kick or place kick shall, without exception, be deemed to be a field goal attempt.

Note: If during a kickoff the kicked ball proceeds through the goal area and across the deadline or sideline in goal without being touched there shall be no score and the ball shall be awarded to the receiving team at any point between the hash marks on its own 25-yard line.

(in reply to MjH)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Rouge on punts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI