Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> game problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game problems - 3/16/2006 12:42:30 AM   
Lions

Hi,

I just want to see who else is having problems with the game play.

Problem 1
Does anyone have problems playing the game using any of the controllers gamepad, keyboard or mouse, and playing agaist the computer team as a player or a coach when a computer team kicks the ball at kick off, the computer always kicks down the middle. Does anyone have that problem?

Problem 2
Keep in mind that I have always able to catch the ball on 3rd or 4th down if the ball is punted in front of me I am ok and the game goes on. Just overhead is the problem. Big problem!!

Here is a more detail of the problem...Does anyone experience when coaching or playing as a player using gamepad controllers when a computer team punts the ball on 3rd or 4th down and you as a human controller has a player with a red ring around the player getting ready to catch the ball after the ball has been punted, the ball may passed you overhead and the human controller is trying to get the ball but my players are locked up in a line protecting the ball when the computer players all run passed the ball. No one can get the ball. When that happens, I generally have to quit the current game and start again. This happens in quick play and league play. So far in a league week 1, I have not yet able to finish the game because I had to restart when this occurs.

Does anyone exerience this? Is so post it so that David or Erik can address this problem.

Sladebuck
Post #: 1
RE: game problems - 3/16/2006 2:13:34 AM   
Magnum357

Actually, your Problem 2 senario has been mentioned in the past (I've even had it happen to me a couple of times in Quick Play). I think David is trying to address the issue.

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 2
RE: game problems - 3/16/2006 4:32:40 AM   
David Winter

This is still not something I've been able to reproduce. I just ran 25 consecutive punting plays in both arcade and coaching mode and they all worked as designed. Some balls were caught in air, some landed in the endzone and rolled around, some were caught on the bounce. A couple went way over the heads of the KR's, bounced into the endzone, the ball stopped, the KR picked the ball up and then knelt down because there was an oncomming rush. I have tried this with forced low frame rates (under 15FPS) as well as the high frame rates. The controller type is mute because the controller(user) doesn't control any players until the ball is picked up.

During a punting play, the player with the 'red ring' is only controllable if they have the ball and the ring is only visible in arcade mode. (so a bug is that the indicator shouldn't be visible there if the player is not controllable). Coaching mode doesn't show these indicators. There is no button action to pick up the ball. The computer controlled player will go get the ball and pick it up. If you're in arcade mode, you have control of the player at the point the player has possession of the ball.

At this point any coding changes I make to these routines are blind changes. Meaning I'm guessing at what the problem could be. I'm not comfortable doing that because it will introduce other problems I'm sure.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: game problems - 3/16/2006 7:22:23 AM   
David Winter

Lions.

I sent you a PM in regards to this issue. As you're close by, I may need to do an on-site to see what's going on.

David

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 4
RE: game problems - 3/16/2006 5:44:34 PM   
Lions

David,

I sent you a PM last night and one this morning (Thursday) around 745 AM. The first PM it came back to me as a Delivery Failure. Let me know if you get my second PM that I sent you.

Jeff

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> game problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI