Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

South Pacific 1928 Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> South Pacific 1928 Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
South Pacific 1928 Scenario - 5/30/2006 3:03:06 AM   
Kadorak

I've been thinking of starting work on a scenario for WPO - nothing fancy, no huge changes, just something basic and within my capability. I was thinking of doing a medium sized operation, the WPO equivilant of the Guadalcanal, Rising Sun, or the South Pacific Hypothetical in WITP. I'm just starting on this, so I was just wondering if people had some input on what they'd be interested in seeing. I'm not interested in strict historical fidelity in terms of careful track of what units were where at the time historically, though I do want it to be somewhat plausible - I'm more interested in a playable and interesting scenario, probably set either in the Dutch East Indies or in the Southeastern pacific - Guadalcanal, Port Moresby and farther east (as GC itself would be an unlikely objective at a time when airfields would not be a top priority).

Thoughts? Ideas? What kinds of ships and forces would you like to see?

I also had the random idea of a hybrid of WPO - WITP, with 1940s surface ships, including evolutions of the hypotheticals in WPO and the carriers that weren't converted, then only light carriers and poor planes deployed to even the field, as you very rarely get to see the (very cool) WWII surface ships in real action. I figure that'd be a lot more work and a lot more speculative though.

< Message edited by Kadorak -- 5/30/2006 3:19:39 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> South Pacific 1928 Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI