Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help: More Questions on the Playbooks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Help: More Questions on the Playbooks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help: More Questions on the Playbooks - 3/22/2006 8:13:31 PM   
Dark Horse

Okay, i finally got the game, so i'm behind.

i d/l the Fun&Gun, Ladder o' Plays and NFL1959 playbooks from the fbmax website last night.

These all have to be unzipped in the plays folder?

If so, it looks like all three of the books used the same naming convention. Will some of these plays be overwritten or all they all uniquely named plays?

And because, there are no playbooks, i'll need to create the playbook for each myself?

Not griping. But i don't want to re-invent the wheel if i'm missing something obvious.

Everytime i call it a business you call it a game. But when i call it a game you call it a business!
Post #: 1
RE: Help: More Questions on the Playbooks - 3/22/2006 10:49:40 PM   
Marauders

They should have been in an export file. At least for most of them.

If so, you put the export file in the Maximum-Football folder. Then you open up a playbook or create a new one, and use the Import Book function to bring the plays in.

You may not want to have all of those plays in one playbook though. It makes it tough for the AI to find a play to combat situations on the field.

(in reply to Dark Horse)
Post #: 2
RE: Help: More Questions on the Playbooks - 3/23/2006 12:09:14 AM   
Dark Horse

Thanks Marauders. i'll try this later this evening. Experimenting with making some plays now.

Everytime i call it a business you call it a game. But when i call it a game you call it a business!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Help: More Questions on the Playbooks - 3/23/2006 7:26:34 AM   
bpunisher18

Gah !!!! what am I missing ? I have downloaded the playbooks as weel and I'm having no luck in trying to use them, it has created the folder for them and I see plays but when I try to load the playbooks it doesn't show the pbk file for the playbook I'm trying to open. Has any of this made sense to you guys ? if so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

(in reply to Dark Horse)
Post #: 4
RE: Help: More Questions on the Playbooks - 3/23/2006 4:15:49 PM   
Deft

When you export a playbook it only exports the plays. So I don't think the playbook creators sent out their actual playbooks with their plays. I have since I found this out but I don't think FBMax is updated with my latest files.

(in reply to bpunisher18)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> Help: More Questions on the Playbooks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI