Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom Scheduler

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Custom Scheduler Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom Scheduler - 6/6/2006 5:10:41 PM   
Abev

On and off for about the past year I have been creating a scheduler for PS. There was a pretty active thread on the old boards if any one remembers...

Any how, I am getting closer to having a finished product and would like to get some ideas. I generally use a 24 team 2 League 3 divs/league config for my assns. Was wondering what league configuarations everyone else likes to use?

The scheduler can handle alot of different league configs. It also allows for balanced schedules, and unbalanced schedules, as well as degrees of unbalance (more games in your div). It is patterned after MLB schedules. It will only schedule for 162 games at this point. And based on the way I coded it I am not sure if it will work for anything *but* 162.

For the most part it will give you a pretty solid schedule without any user input. It is setup to allow for user input; you can actually drag and drop weeks or individual series in the schedule to smooth out some rough spots or force certain series during diff times of the season.

Other things that it does that I think will help enhance PS is teams will have uncommon off days, and with use input, you can move in division series to the end of the schedule to enhance your rivalries and the pennant race.

Heres a screenie > http://www.theobc.com/images/simscheduler/sched.gif
We are pre beta beta at this point but the scheduler will give you a chance to see what the sched looks like graphically. Blue is home, Red is Away, Yellow is the ASB, White are off days, Gray are not calendar days(just left overs from when a calendar gets created)

Teams will have not more than 20 consecutive games in a row without an off day. And I have set the home/away stands at not more than 13 although I am not sure what the MLBPA rule is on that.

So please post your prefered league configs if you would. And if theres other ideas you have on how to enhance the PS schedule please post it.
Post #: 1
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/6/2006 8:46:01 PM   
Amaroq

Cool!

I typically use 16 teams as 2 leagues, 8 teams in each of 2 divisions, with either 154 or 162 game schedules.

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/6/2006 9:15:44 PM   
Beach23BoyP

I use a 12 team, 3 division league.  I'll never allow expansion and I'll never change my league size.  I've found this to be the perfect setup.  When you count the "wild card" race you've always got a four team playoff spot race each year.  Never gets boring and with 70 man rosters -- I can keep up with the 840 players OK.

BTW, I use an old OOTP schedule and the it always has to start either on the first Monday in April or the last Monday in March to work.

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/6/2006 10:07:50 PM   
DandricSturm

I use 16 teams in 2 leagues, 4 teams per division. I like to play 144 game schedules though, which I have 5 of that I rotate each year.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 4
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/7/2006 2:47:41 AM   
tbear2b

I usually use formats anywhere from 12 to 28 teams. Anything in that range would be great!

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 5
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/7/2006 2:00:11 PM   
captskillet

here is a link to a schedule maker that has all the features you want and it should work, I made scheds with it for OOTP 6 & 6.5 which should be able to import into PS!

Schedule Maker

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 6
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/8/2006 1:32:11 AM   
DonBraswell

Me too!

I also use 16 teams as 2 leagues, 8 teams in each, with either 154 or 162 game schedules.

< Message edited by DonBraswell -- 6/8/2006 1:34:45 AM >

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 7
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/8/2006 4:47:29 AM   
Amaroq

yeah, you can tell whose "old school" from this thread, for sure!

Thanks for the link, captain!

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 8
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/11/2006 12:25:38 AM   
redeck

Abev, thanks for the work, something like that is real dedication.

i would like to see something for 40 teams 4div 10 teams each.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 9
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/11/2006 4:18:06 PM   
Abev

hey redeck,

Thanks for the feedback. Never thought of testing that combo before. I think you mean 40 teams/2 leagues/2 divs each lg 10 teams each?

If that's correct I can get an unbalanced schedule working "right out of the box". Balanced schedule didnt work.

----

Still in progress with the scheduler as whole. I ran into some logic issues and got stuck. I cant figure out for the life of me how Shaun does this programming stuff so well :)

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 10
RE: Custom Scheduler - 6/11/2006 10:37:26 PM   
redeck

abev

thats the config i meant yes,

and as for shaun, well He's the man, what ya expect?

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to Abev)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Custom Scheduler Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI