Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble with artillery

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Trouble with artillery Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble with artillery - 7/15/2000 10:55:00 PM   
S35

First I have to say that you made a fantastic job with SPWAW thanks a lot. There is two points which give me trouble, (I play SPWAW v2.3). 1 Artillery I find it not very efficient, I made a test with german artillery against infantry (advance stance on clear terrain). The result was : Mortar 81 and 120 mm : no kill till out of ammo, only suppression. 75 FH btry : no kill till out of ammo, only suppression. 105 FH btry : one kill but not from direct hit, from hit in adjacent hex 122 150FH nebelwerfer : kill from direct and much more in adjacent hex. The only kill from a mortar I can remember is a PSW221 from a 3inch mortar and this time the mortar has 3 direct hit (but in indirect fire) in the same turn. I think it’s few for small artillery. The hit dispersion in line remember me SP1 for that SPWW2 is better. 2 Mg on tanks When you play you see that it’s much more efficient to use only Mg and not the gun on CS tanks (PzIVD, Matilda CS cruiser CS) against infantry, if it should be that why CS tank were created with guns. What do you think about that. Here is my two troubles on a wonderfull game.

Post #: 1
- 7/17/2000 12:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

We never seem to be able to get it right for everyone, S-35, but we try. Deadliness is "in the eye of the beholder" it appears. What is too much for some is not enough for others. And of course, in trying to strike a happy medium, we make someone unhappy. This theme has been discussed since the first copy SP hit the stores six years ago. And there are so many variables to consider, can the F0 or artillery observer see the targets, is the fire accurate, is he a good observer or second rate, and what about the artillery crews, experienced, green, suppressed? And the enemy being fired upon. Are the experienced troops? Are they "in cover?" It is very hard to really have artillery or anything else SOMETIMES do what you want it to in this game. And without using it as a pretext, there is an element of uncertainty in the game. I've found artillery to be pretty much as it should be, but there again, that is how I see it, not you. This is not a dressing down, but an attempted explanation, S-35. I hope it helps. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to S35)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Trouble with artillery Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI