Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Version? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Version? - 5/28/2006 6:11:36 AM   
KG Erwin

A couple of years ago (pre-Matrix), Shaun offered a demo, and after just a couple of hours of checking it out, I was hooked and bought it.

So, I'm curious as to who's tried out the current demo, and are you sold on the game?

Otherwise, have the forum comments influenced your decision or whether or not the investment is worth it to you?

[Personal note: after a brief conversation with Shaun, I knew how much he was dedicated to continually improving the game. So, I bought PS 2005, and when PS 2007 was released, I bought it too.

So, I'm definitely a fanboy, but look at the comments by other players. In this business, word of mouth has a big influence, and I've seen very few negative opinions on this game.

While Matrix established their reputation as a publisher of quality wargames, they definitely have a winner in this outstanding baseball sim. ]

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 5/28/2006 6:27:29 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Ver... - 5/28/2006 7:11:38 AM   
Titanwarrior89

I didn't dl the demo but went by word of mouth. So far the game is getting very addictive. I think we may have a classic here!
quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

A couple of years ago (pre-Matrix), Shaun offered a demo, and after just a couple of hours of checking it out, I was hooked and bought it.

So, I'm curious as to who's tried out the current demo, and are you sold on the game?

Otherwise, have the forum comments influenced your decision or whether or not the investment is worth it to you?

[Personal note: after a brief conversation with Shaun, I knew how much he was dedicated to continually improving the game. So, I bought PS 2005, and when PS 2007 was released, I bought it too.

So, I'm definitely a fanboy, but look at the comments by other players. In this business, word of mouth has a big influence, and I've seen very few negative opinions on this game.

While Matrix established their reputation as a publisher of quality wargames, they definitely have a winner in this outstanding baseball sim. ]

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Ver... - 5/28/2006 9:12:17 AM   
Tanaka

Well Ive always wanted to try a PC baseball sim and when I saw that Matrix had PS 2005 I got interested and started following the forums. Matrix has never let me down so I planned on checking PureSim out when 2007 came out which I did and could not be happier. I love the game and look forward to all the future improvements! Another great game from Matrix! I love the history and strategy and detail in this game and you can really get involved with a team. Lots of fun and kudos to Shaun for making a geat game!

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 3
RE: So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Ver... - 5/28/2006 9:55:26 AM   
JudgeDredd

Well, you know my status, KG, but I'll put it in this thread for ease.

I'm new to text games, Puresim games and new to Baseball. I don't really know much about it except I like the game of baseball and get to watch a game now and again in Britain.

I started reading these forums and found out how dedicated the developer was to continuing development and support and also how helpful the people were and, ultimately, that made me buy it...and there isn't a night goes by where I don't manage at least a couple of games.

So to answer your question more directly, the community and the developer made me buy the game.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Ver... - 5/29/2006 8:41:44 PM   
Dirtdog20

I havent made up my mind yet to be honest.  Being between positions this summer and picking Nashcon as my convention this year.  (Close to home save on gas.)  I am really only in a position to buy one or the other.  I am an OOTPer since 3 and have enjoyed my ride.  However I am starting to feel like its turning into a job running an OOTP franchise. 

That said I am playing with the Demo and waiting for the release of OOTP to see what is said at its forums.  With everything being equal though I would still prefer to be out on the field playing.

You mean that we gotta take a test after we read this stuff?!?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> So, You've Tried the Demo -- Gonna Buy the Full Version? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI