Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New BETA Patch 1.12

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New BETA Patch 1.12 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 3:31:42 PM   
puresimmer

Another beta patch with more fixes/tweaks/goodies.  This is NOT an official patch, so it is provided with no guarantees.Note, you can install this over any version of PureSim 2007 with no problem.

http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/PureSim2007-SetupRelease-v112_Beta_Patch.exe

Here is the running list of changes since the original 1.1 official patch:

PS 2007 v1.12 (Beta) Patch Notes
================================

- Tweak: On PSPNCast the scoreboard and team info windows are always hidden when the graphical ball flight animation is playing.  This can help with some ball park photos that don't match the layout of the one that ships with the game

- New: The AI now dynamically adjusts it's GM/Managerial tendencies based on the team's charateristoics

- Tweak: On the "Import Real Players" screen the previous default sort order was AB, now it is always alphabetical

- Speed: No longer doing unnecessary compact of the secondary (.psx) database in the off season.  When association files got up over 1gb this was taking an exceedingly long time and providing little benefit. Basically after 50 or so years of history in larger associations, this would bring the off season to a crawl. Note, the primary (.psa) association file *is* still being compacted, and that is very important.

- New: Added SAC Bunt frequency managerial tendency

- New: Press ANY key during animated ball flight to skip the rest of the animation sequence.

- New: Added [x] Disable Ambient Sounds option to the PSPNCast "Play Options" dialog. 

- Fix: Greatly reduced chance a runner will score when attempting to steal home.

- Fix: When managing a game, if the user clicked "OF Depth" as opposed to pressing the "O" key, instead of toggling the outfield depth PureSim would start the play.  No click works just like pressing "O" works, it toggles through the outfield depth options with each click.

- Fix: SLG was wrong in some cases on the splits tab on the player card.

- Fix: Very Rare "Error 3022" When Building almanac, along with some additional robustness improvements in that area

- Fix: If the user viewed splits for a player, then clicked the "next" link to move to another player, then the splits would not be displayed for the next player if the user attempted to view them

- Fix: PSPNCast was sometimes showing the on field message in "red" when the play result was a base hit or home run.

- Fix: In some cases the tooltip for the fielders on the defensive team was showing their offensive ratings as opposed to their defensive ones

- New: Now have ability to have bullpens without closers.  PureSim's AI is cognizant of this as well.  This feature is setup when you start the association.  It is typically used to better simulate eras in history where the closer was not employed in the pen.  Note, as your association transitions into the modern era PureSim will prompt you to see if you'd like to transition to using the closer.

- Tweak: Multiple improvements to ball flight trajectories on PSPNCast

- Tweak: Added warning message that lets user know that they are using a non-standard ball park image, and that in-game ball flight animation will suffer horrible performance.  Note, park images should be 1024x768

- Tweak: When playing in unattended auto play mode the "Please Wait" dialog has been moved down the screen and made more translucent so the standings are clearly visible at all times.

- Tweak: No longer allowing user to import a park photo unless it is a 1024x768 .jpg file

- Cosmetic: Alignement of "Hall of Fame Member" text on player card was off a bit

- New: Player Affinity mode - If you choose this option (only avil for historical / real players association) the following will happen:

1. Teams will be highly likely to try and keep their makeup similar to what it was in real life, so if a player's contract is expiring in 1957, but he actually played with that team through 1960 in real life, then there is a high probability the team will offer an extension, and a high probability he will accept.

2. There is a very high probability that teams will sign rookies based on when they appeared on that team in real life. The net result is if you are looking for career play that retains a lot of flavor from reality even as the career progresses, this is a fun option. Note it is not 100% as there are tons of other factors in the mix with finances, trading etc. Still that actually keeps it fun.

- Tweak: Starter endurance, usage and number of complete games is now more greatly influenced by the time period being simulated (e.g. you'll see more complete games back in the early years of Baseball)

< Message edited by puresimmer -- 5/31/2006 3:32:57 PM >

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 3:40:49 PM   
JudgeDredd

Excellent news...thx

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 7:33:30 PM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

- Tweak: On PSPNCast the scoreboard and team info windows are always hidden when the graphical ball flight animation is playing.  This can help with some ball park photos that don't match the layout of the one that ships with the game

Shaun - First, I really appreciate the attention you are giving to the PSPNCast screen, especially with all of my ballpark work.  That said, I hope you can make this change an option, as I don't like the idea of those 3 windows always dissapearing and reappearing.  I think the transition is too jarring to the eyes.

Personally, I'd be happy if you just gave us the option to hide the Options window.

Al

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 7:35:41 PM   
VanScoy

Nice...  good job to combat the OOTP06 hysteria going on out there today with some good news about PS2007! 

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 7:53:01 PM   
Bustoff

Splendid work!  With this new patch applied, I am still having a problem with my Short List when minor league players are on the list--Unexpected error: Item not found in this collection.  Was this fixed at some point and did I just miss out? 

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 8:32:19 PM   
Pronk

Thanks for all your effort.  As a first time buyer of Puresim, I am really impressed with your level of continued support towards your product.  I am truly happy I took the chance on your title.

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 6
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 5/31/2006 11:31:07 PM   
PadresFan104

Ok, had some time to check out the patch at lunch.

- After loading my association, I simmed one day and noticed a small dialog box at the bottom right of the main screen tell me that Boston was making Managerial Tendency changes. Very cool... The only problem is that this didn't happen for any of the other teams...

- I like the way the Team Info/Scoreboard/Options windows go away during the animation, but I still think this should be an option.

- This may sound trivial, but since the scoreboard is now gone during the animation, I'd like to see the current inning displayed with the outs and baserunner information in the red bar in the PbP Window. Like:  "2 outs, runner on first, bottom of the 7th"

- On flyballs to the corner of the window, the result box gets cut off.  Any chance it could be smart enough to move inside of the visible window?

Al

< Message edited by PadresFan104 -- 5/31/2006 11:35:03 PM >

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 7
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 6/1/2006 3:40:21 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pronk

Thanks for all your effort.  As a first time buyer of Puresim, I am really impressed with your level of continued support towards your product.  I am truly happy I took the chance on your title.

Ditto here!

(in reply to Pronk)
Post #: 8
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 6/1/2006 5:55:49 AM   
verizon32

quote:

New: The AI now dynamically adjusts it's GM/Managerial tendencies based on the team's charateristoics

Shaun

Can you explain more on this.

I am glad the computer teams are going to use there gm/managerial tendencies.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 6/1/2006 6:33:47 AM   
VanScoy

since installing the new beta patch my fly balls have slowed down on certain flight paths. I never had an issue with the official patch before. I had a huge pop up that I thought would go thru the top of my monitor. I have to say I do not like losing the scoreboard and team info windows automatically now. Make it a toggle in the official patch please. 

(in reply to verizon32)
Post #: 10
RE: New BETA Patch 1.12 - 6/1/2006 6:42:23 AM   
leegra

I'd like to second the suggestion that the disappearing Team Info/Scoreboard/Options windows during the animation be an option.

Lee

(in reply to VanScoy)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> New BETA Patch 1.12 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI