Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating a league template

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Creating a league template Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating a league template - 6/7/2006 5:09:48 AM   
XCom

Is there anywhere that explains how to do this? In the manual it is stated that the user may create their own templates, but no description of how to do this. I created a 24 team Sandbox league with the team attributes filled out but empty rosters. I would like to save this setup as a template for multiple player populations in the future for testing. Am I missing something?
Post #: 1
RE: Creating a league template - 6/7/2006 8:22:06 AM   
tbear2b

Prior to playing the first game of the first season, but after setting up the league, you may save the association as a template, by clicking on the home button and then clicking on the appropriate link on the top, left corner.

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating a league template - 6/7/2006 4:31:58 PM   
XCom

So, then you cannot save a league as a template before the initial draft?  Oh well, I guess I will just backup my league file to another folder and restore it when I want to redistribute players for testing.  Do I only need to backup the .psa file?

Thanks.

(in reply to tbear2b)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating a league template - 6/7/2006 6:39:08 PM   
KG Erwin

The ability to create a template before the draft would be nice.  I suppose the present routine is primarily for real-roster historical associations.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 6/8/2006 12:18:43 AM >

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating a league template - 6/7/2006 7:53:58 PM   
leegra

Also, to be able to create a template for an association of mixed-year teams through the Sand Box...In fact, why can't a template be created for ALL associations?

Lee 

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 4:04:08 AM   
XCom

Agreed, KG.  It seems alot of the focus has been on historical associations...which is cool.  I'm looking at it more from a fictional point of view where maybe you want to generate a realistic fictional league with team names and locations and divisional structure, but would like to be able to fill that league with new fictional players whenever you want to start anew.  Also, I would like to be able to generate new rosters quickly while I am fiddling with the player generation portion of the xml file.

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 4:38:10 AM   
puresimmer

Guys, the fact that you can't create a templaye until after the draft has nothing to do with being locked into those players when using the template. When you ultimately use that templaye you are prompted if you want to use the players from the template or to generate a fresh new pool. This is perfect for exactly what you are looking for.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 7
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 4:46:08 AM   
leegra

Shaun--Is it not feasible or practical to create a template for mixed-years, teams association? 

Lee

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 5:25:45 AM   
XCom

Ok, cool!  I just assumed when I couldn't save the template before the draft that the template included being locked into the players.  Great news!  Thanks, Shaun.

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 9
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 7:48:33 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: leegra

Shaun--Is it not feasible or practical to create a template for mixed-years, teams association?

Lee

Lee - It's definitely feasable and possible to do this.

Al

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 10
RE: Creating a league template - 6/8/2006 7:55:28 PM   
leegra

Al--Can you tell me how? I didn't see the Create a Template option on the Home screen of my mixed years and teams association, after completing spring training. This seems to be the place where it appears in a Real Major League Players-Career Mode association...

Or, do you mean it's something Shaun might want to add in the future?...Thanks for your responses...

Lee

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 11
RE: Creating a league template - 6/9/2006 3:35:37 AM   
PadresFan104

Hmm... that's where it should have been, and I *thought* it was possible.  I'll test it on my end too, just to be sure...

(in reply to leegra)
Post #: 12
RE: Creating a league template - 6/9/2006 3:40:41 AM   
PadresFan104

Bummer - you're right, the option isn't there. We need to ask Shaun to add this.  I'll post the request for us.

Al

(in reply to PadresFan104)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Creating a league template Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI