Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where is? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is? - 6/13/2006 9:39:57 AM   
Twotribes

What folder has the OOB's in it? I cant for the life of me find them.
Post #: 1
RE: Where is? - 6/13/2006 12:17:58 PM   
Don Doom

They are in your main folder.

ie: c:\matrix games\steel panthers world at war

scroll down pass all the folders and then you will see a large group of files. The oobs are called OObxx

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is? - 6/13/2006 3:07:35 PM   
Twotribes

Yes there are a couple oobs there but not enough from what I can see.

Next question? Is there an easy to use editor for the OOBs? I really want to extend the availability of the Japanese air transport.

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 3
RE: Where is? - 6/13/2006 3:14:31 PM   
Korpraali V

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Next question? Is there an easy to use editor for the OOBs? I really want to extend the availability of the Japanese air transport.

There should be all 28 OOBs in the main folder. If not, try to arrange all files by name.

OOB Editor is easy to use. Open it, find the nation, find the unit from list and you'll find the dates.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Where is? - 6/13/2006 5:32:41 PM   
Don Doom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Korpraali V

quote:

There should be all 28 OOBs in the main folder. If not, try to arrange all files by name.

OOB Editor is easy to use. Open it, find the nation, find the unit from list and you'll find the dates.

What he said and remember to save after each change or you made lose it if you have a power surge or exit and forget to save before you exit.

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Korpraali V)
Post #: 5
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 12:42:33 AM   
Alby

you will have to change the dates of the Units you want to change AND the  corresponding formations

(in reply to Don Doom)
Post #: 6
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 4:20:03 AM   
Twotribes

No need, once I refound the editor I discovered that the transport aircraft is available from 40 to 43 and after that the glider is available. I doubt I would be making any airdrops in 44 or 45 and if I had to I could use the gliders.

Not that Pacific terrain is conducive to any type of air drop. And since the Japanese cant buy air transport as core forces it is a moot point.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 4:49:40 AM   
Alby

fear not, the Program doesnt give USMC much if any AIR in early years of war,
Playing long campaign
Ask gunny

< Message edited by Alby -- 6/14/2006 4:50:04 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 5:33:31 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alby

fear not, the Program doesnt give USMC much if any AIR in early years of war,
Playing long campaign
Ask gunny

You called me? Ok. Yes, the long campaign routines take into account relative air superiority/availability for EACH big six country during the war. A very nice feature.

Take my example my US Marines. In 1942, Japanese air strikes were terrors, BUT, there is A VERY SMALL chance that the Cactus Air Force will appear. I've seen it happen. From 1943 onwards, the US Navy/Marine planes are much more likely to be available.

Tactical Air Power for this game is still a controversial subject, but it is so cool to see your planes bombing enemy positions and strafing their infantry.

Coversely, nothing is more frustrating than being on the receiving end of an airstrike, but if your AA defense is good, you may shoot one of them down. The downed plane graphics are impressive.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 6/14/2006 5:36:54 AM >

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 9
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 6:44:24 AM   
FlashfyreSP

quote:

No need, once I refound the editor I discovered that the transport aircraft is available from 40 to 43 and after that the glider is available. I doubt I would be making any airdrops in 44 or 45 and if I had to I could use the gliders.

Not that Pacific terrain is conducive to any type of air drop. And since the Japanese cant buy air transport as core forces it is a moot point.

Yes, they can. But the start conditions must be right: you must be starting the WWII campaign, not a generated one. In a generated campaign, air transports will only be available for Advance and Assault missions, and with good weather and visibility. In the WWII campaign, you can buy them as core force units regardless of the mission or weather.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 10
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 12:05:20 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

quote:

Yes, they can. But the start conditions must be right: you must be starting the WWII campaign, not a generated one. In a generated campaign, air transports will only be available for Advance and Assault missions, and with good weather and visibility. In the WWII campaign, you can buy them as core force units regardless of the mission or weather.

No you cant, not in 1940 at least and I started one in 1941 and I couldnt then either. Japan is one of the 6 powers allowed by the WWII Campaign and that is what I used. I am NOT attacking you or your project, I appreciate it. I play it. Thank you. BUT Core force for Japan in 1940 has not allowed me to have airtrans in it. I have started a lot more than once.

I have it set to WWII Campaign, with Japan as the Nation, 7/40 is start month ( you can start sooner but at least at 5/40 it defaults to 7/40) I picked the Chinese theatre since Japan is not active in the Pacific that early. I have had for all starts the air missions set to 10 for Human Player.

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 11
RE: Where is? - 6/14/2006 1:01:37 PM   
Twotribes

Ok got air trans as core finally as Japan in 1940. The mission was a delay so it appears any mission can get them, visibility was 16 for that mission, had a mission that was Advance and visibilty of 14 and no Airtrans as Core. So I suspect visibilty is the decider. Totally a random function, but if you REALLY want them, just keep starting over till you get them.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where is? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI