Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd things happening since patching

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Odd things happening since patching Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd things happening since patching - 6/23/2006 7:46:13 AM   
afspret

I've had a couple of odd things happen in my in progress game against the AI since patching to 1.801. In addition to the problem I posted regarding TF movement (which cleared up by the way, I moved the TF around the offending hex) and not having TFs sail from SF for several turns, I have now encountered a problem with mission options for fragments of air units.

In particular, I moved the 24th FG to Ambonia leaving about half of its strength in Darwin. A couple of turns later I found the missions section of the units info screen only had Kamakazi and Training/Stand Down listed as available options. I had previously moved the 318th FG from Tarawa to Makin, and when I checked the fragment units missions section it listed all the normal mission choices one would expect for a fighter group. The next turn I found the mission choice section of 24th FG/1 was back to normal but the 318th FG/1's now only listed Kamakazi & Training/Stand Down as available options. On the next turn (a subsequent 3 turns) I found both fragment units had the normal mission choices available.

I tried starting a new scen 15 game after patching and on the second turn I experienced my first ever CTD when I clicked on a ships name that was docked in Columbo.
Post #: 1
RE: Odd things happening since patching - 6/23/2006 4:56:04 PM   
jwilkerson

Sounds like you might need a rebuild !

If you do rebuild, use your original install file (either from CD or download) and after that is installed, apply the 1.8 comprehensive. Then apply the 1.8.0.1 incremental. Make sure you rebuild into an empty folder (not on top of your existing installation).

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd things happening since patching - 6/23/2006 5:34:48 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret
I tried starting a new scen 15 game after patching and on the second turn I experienced my first ever CTD when I clicked on a ships name that was docked in Columbo.

And when you rebuild - check out your artwork installations. A crash when attempting to display a ship is a classic symptom of missing artwork.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd things happening since patching - 6/24/2006 8:05:25 AM   
afspret

Man I would really hate to have to do that!  I've been building my own scenerio based on #15 the past few months and I'm pretty close to being satisfied with it.  I would probably have one of these  type fits, which more that likely cause me to do this in massive amountsif I were to lose all the work I've done! 

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd things happening since patching - 6/24/2006 12:33:33 PM   
jwilkerson

No reason to lose the scenario. Just save off the relevant *.dat and *.cmt files (and txt and art if you've done those as well) first. Not a bad idea anyway.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Odd things happening since patching Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI