Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question for Beta testers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question for Beta testers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for Beta testers - 7/13/2006 11:11:56 PM   
dreamtheatervt

In thinking about/preparing for PDS 2, I was wondering how much plays needed to be "fixed" when being moved to the new PDS? The current release of the PDS has a field not to scale, so it makes drawing up pass plays hard, but once I figure I should be able to make formations (with trial and error to get preferred relationships) and running plays that should require no tweeking when the new PDS is released. I realize I could do pass plays as well, but getting proper routes is somewhat difficult with the workspace field being not to scale (at least for American football). It would be nice to have the run game taken care of for some of my planned offenses when PDS 2 comes out (still need the new PDS to make the wing-T, a personal favorite of mine back on FBPro94...FBPro98's defense crushed it though).
Post #: 1
RE: Question for Beta testers - 7/14/2006 1:32:38 AM   
nmleague

I have been doing alot of work with the latest versions of PDS 2. Cant get into any detail, but dont create any defenses with PDS 1, the logic and abilties of PDS 2 are very different and you would just have to redo all defenses created with PDS 1. There havent been many changes to the basic creation of offensive plays with PDS 2. But the way the set up of formations, spacing and the way formatons are flipped are different and could greatly impact plays created with PDS 2.

I created several playbooks when the game came out, using PDS 1. When I became a member of the beta team I deleted all my old plays and playbooks and started from scratch. Im currently working on a series of playbooks using combinations of basic offense and defensive styles. At this point Im about to release 9 college type playbooks to the other beta testers, and should also have about 6 pro style playbooks ready by the time the update is released.

(in reply to dreamtheatervt)
Post #: 2
RE: Question for Beta testers - 7/15/2006 9:06:18 AM   
Marauders

dreamtheater,

It may be wise to practice creating plays to get a handle of the PDS, but many plays will have to be recreated in PDS 2.0 for various reasons.  PDS 2.0 isn't much different than PDS 1.0, but the game does do some things different with play logic and there is more logic available on defense.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question for Beta testers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI