Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group Formations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Air Group Formations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group Formations - 6/18/2006 8:57:41 PM   
Jamespy

I am an long time Harpoon 2-3 player. After a long hiatus from wargames due to playing online poker, I decided to purchase H3ANW to play as a break from poker. I bought the game yesterday, installed and downloaded the latest DB2000 and the Baltic scenario.
The only problem is that I cannot edit air formations. Pressing the formation button for an air group gives me the message "Can't edit air formations."
I have the saved game file, but don't know how to attach it.

Jim Yalem
Post #: 1
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/18/2006 9:13:10 PM   
mikmykWS

You won't be able to anymore. There was a huge game exploit discovered with it that let players "teleport" aircraft across a game map by joining them to an airgroup in a different location. IIRC during the fix for this the programmer made a design decision to get rid of it all together. Not sure if the overall effect will be good or bad for the game but do generally trust his instincts on things like this as they've proven to be true more often then not.

(in reply to Jamespy)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/18/2006 10:03:49 PM   
Jamespy

Hi, Mike, how are things going. That is an interesting change. How do you rtb an airplane that is part of a group when it is out of ammo.

Jim Yalem

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/19/2006 8:53:36 PM   
evaamo2

I would like to second Jim's concerns regarding the single-aircraft rtb command if editing of air group formations is disabled.

How is it done in ANW?

thanks,
-E

(in reply to Jamespy)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/19/2006 10:50:31 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamespy

Hi, Mike, how are things going. That is an interesting change. How do you rtb an airplane that is part of a group when it is out of ammo.

Jim Yalem

Okay, I think that I have a solution. As I understand it, you have a group of planes on a mission. One of them fires and is out of ammo and you only want that particular plane to RTB but the rest of the formation / air group should continue with the mission.

Hit the "9" key on the NumPad [Ensure that NumLock is de-activated]. Then select the individual plane that you wish to RTB. Then hit [F6] twice to order it to land. It will break out of the formation / air group and land while the others continue.

Note: This might cause another airgroup on the same mission to launch. i.e. if the first air group was on a patrol mission, this command might cause the 'relief' groups to be launched earlier than you wanted.

(in reply to Jamespy)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/20/2006 1:16:46 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jamespy

Jim Yalem

Hey Jim great to cya around. Umm..do what Herman says in this case. Ungroup with the 9 on your key pad, detach (d key) and then order the RTB.

Cya and enjoy

(in reply to Jamespy)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Group Formations - 6/20/2006 1:45:18 AM   
Jamespy

Thanks Mike, I found that solution. You can access the individual a/c by the 9 key and unassign them. They will then detach from the group for other orders.
Now, I am just wondering what bugs where really fixed. Testing the facility mount reload function now.

Jim

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Air Group Formations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI