Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IE7 support coming in the next beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> IE7 support coming in the next beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IE7 support coming in the next beta - 7/2/2006 9:18:26 PM   
puresimmer

Well after 2 full days of fussing with IE7 beta 3 I have PureSim up and running. It is amazing how much trouble this has been as no other IE upgrade ever bothered PureSim.

The bad news is it required me to re-write a lot of rendering code, so this next beta patch will be really important to make sure we shake out the possibility of any new bugs.

When 1.19 comes out I'd greatly appreciate it if a few of you more adventurous types wouldn't mind testing under IE7 for me. The good news is the IE7 Beta 3 uninstall completely puts your machine back to IE6 as it was before you put on the beta, so its not a "point of no return" type install. I'll also want plenty of people on IE6 since these changes will impact you as well.

The real bummer here is I lost valuable weekend coding time that usually gets alotted to tweaks and new stuff. Oh well, with Vista coming and IE7 around the corner I had to bite the bullet because what I've seen from Microsoft says they are not really addressing the types of backwards compatibility issues PureSim was hitting. Thanks Microsoft!

I'm so relived that this is done though -- I was worried sick that I would have no options beyond a huge re-write...phew.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: IE7 support coming in the next beta - 7/2/2006 9:45:49 PM   
SittingDuck

Sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, y'know?  Fuggetaboutit - we understand.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: IE7 support coming in the next beta - 7/3/2006 2:45:48 AM   
Beach23BoyP

Sorry, but I totally refuse to upgrade to "anything programmed" by Microsoft until it is at least 2 years old (or at least two service packs).

Anyway, I'm glad you didn't have to do a complete re-write. And I'm looking toward Vista about as much as I'm looking forward to my next colonoscopy.

< Message edited by Beach23BoyP -- 7/3/2006 2:47:30 AM >

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> IE7 support coming in the next beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI