Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible, minor enhancement?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Possible, minor enhancement? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 6:41:16 PM   
sanpurdue

Hi Shaun!

I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying (and not getting much sleep) Puresim 2007. It is safe to say that without your sale, I would not have bought PS, but only because I am a cards/dice baseball gamer. So the $15 was too good of a deal to pass up! Now I need to find some money to buy some No-Doze or something to keep me awake when I am simming the league at 3am...LOL!

Ok, back to my original reason for posting. I have been doing more simming of games instead of actually doing in-game managing, and while I auto-sim, I find myself missing my team's last game result on the ticker as the games are being played. I was wondering if this has been brought up before - how about having the non-CPU team listed in bold and uppercase, or better still, how about holding the last completed game result to the right of the results that are displayed as they are being played?

Obviously, I stare at the standings and I watch my win-loss and streak to know how things are progressing, but I find myself missing my actual results because they fly by so fast (which is a good thing). Another optional thing could be to possibly have some sort of section on the right-hand side to show one team's results as they are being auto-played. Just scores, like Detroit 1, OAKLAND 4, etc.

This may have been mentioned as well, but I saw Hoyt Wilhelm as a 50-year-old Free Agent in my assocation (started with 1972, saw him in 1974). I almost offered him a contract until I saw his age...LOL!

Thanks again for such a great product and for having the All-Star Break sale! Then again, I might be better rested than from a few days ago....LOL!

Mark Miller

< Message edited by sanpurdue -- 7/4/2006 6:44:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 8:13:15 PM   
rwd59

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanpurdue

This may have been mentioned as well, but I saw Hoyt Wilhelm as a 50-year-old Free Agent in my assocation (started with 1972, saw him in 1974). I almost offered him a contract until I saw his age...LOL!

Mark Miller

Yeah, I had him in his early 50's as well. Looks like guys last a little too long. I like the gradual decline rather than the falling off the board of another game but it seems to be in need of a little more tweaking. Is this an issue that can be addressed by the XML?

< Message edited by rwd59 -- 7/4/2006 8:14:15 PM >

(in reply to sanpurdue)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 10:06:21 PM   
DandricSturm

Hoyt Wilhelm actually did pitch in 1972 when he was 49 years old, so not so strange really.

"The Guns, Thank God, The Guns..." - Rudyard Kipling
http://www.bluemax-ara-assoc.com/

(in reply to rwd59)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 10:14:24 PM   
KG Erwin

Don't forget Satchel Paige, either -- heck, that guy wasn't even sure of what his real age was.

(in reply to DandricSturm)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 10:59:28 PM   
rwd59

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

Hoyt Wilhelm actually did pitch in 1972 when he was 49 years old, so not so strange really.

But in 1973 he was out of the game. With the ratings he has he is likely to pitch quite a few more seasons. He was also an anomily in that he was a knuckleball pitcher. I know Ryan made it to 46 and Clemens is still going at 44, but once again they are amomilies not the norm. I really have no problem with a guy lasting into his 40's but a guy who imports in a pretty good year in his mid 40's should probably decline pretty quickly, IMO. This is in no means to be considered a knock on the game, just an area that may need looking at, or not. Either that or a higher chance of retiring.

< Message edited by rwd59 -- 7/4/2006 11:00:53 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/4/2006 11:52:56 PM   
sanpurdue

quote:

ORIGINAL: DandricSturm

Thanks for doing the research on this. I should have done so myself :-) I feel better about seeing Hoyt now - I was hoping it was not a major bug. That's the one thing about PS, you never know when a guy like Hoyt will still be pitching, or a guy like Bert Campaneris retires like he did after my initial 1972 season running the A's.

Post #: 6
RE: Possible, minor enhancement? - 7/5/2006 12:10:59 AM   
PadresFan104

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanpurdue
how about having the non-CPU team listed in bold and uppercase, or better still, how about holding the last completed game result to the right of the results that are displayed as they are being played?

Obviously, I stare at the standings and I watch my win-loss and streak to know how things are progressing, but I find myself missing my actual results because they fly by so fast (which is a good thing). Another optional thing could be to possibly have some sort of section on the right-hand side to show one team's results as they are being auto-played. Just scores, like Detroit 1, OAKLAND 4, etc.

I really really like these two ideas.

(in reply to sanpurdue)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Possible, minor enhancement? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI