Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/9/2006 8:08:53 AM   
Tigers Roar

New PureSimmer here. I have been simulating baseball for about 35 years going back to Strat-O-Matic.

Can anyone tell me if an association can be created selecting teams ala-cart. Example, I would like to set up a league with just all time great Tiger teams. Can this be done? I know you can replay specific seasons, but how can you select individual teams from different seasons to put into a new association?

Also, is there anyway to import additional teams from the Lahman database. I’m thinking of the 1871 to 1899 teams.

Thanks for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/9/2006 2:49:57 PM   
Tigers Roar

Another simple exampe, what if I just want to play a single game between the '27 Yanks and the '68 Tigers?  This should be easy right?  Am I missing something?

(in reply to Tigers Roar)
Post #: 2
RE: New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/9/2006 11:01:12 PM   
hano13

Tigers,

I believe what you are looking for is Sandbox mode. I haven't personally used it, so don't know the specific steps involved, but I think that is the path you want to go down.

As for simming a single game, I don't think you can do it without setting up an association first.

Go Tigers!

Post #: 3
RE: New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/9/2006 11:43:11 PM   
Tigers Roar

quote:

ORIGINAL: hano13

Tigers,

I believe what you are looking for is Sandbox mode. I haven't personally used it, so don't know the specific steps involved, but I think that is the path you want to go down.

As for simming a single game, I don't think you can do it without setting up an association first.

Go Tigers!

Thanks for the reply hano13. I have been down that path and it can't be done. None of the options to set up a new association actually allow the user to 'select' individual teams from throughout major league history to make up the association. You can only 'seed' an association with players from one specific season. I find this very odd because I would think the essence of recreating baseball history is to replay great teams against each other. When the creators were designing the game, wouldn’t they consider that the most obvious replay scenario that most gamer’s want is to compare teams from different eras?

I did notice that on Padres Fans website there is a template that has champions from 1960 forward in an association league. How was this created? I can't find a way to do it.

Oh…and Go Tigers. What a sweet season so far.

(in reply to hano13)
Post #: 4
RE: New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/10/2006 4:52:19 AM   
hano13

I have been able to successfully do it with Sandbox mode. Here's the steps I took:

Create a new association in Sandbox mode. Pick the settings that you prefer in the initial screens.
Pick the # of teams and name them appropriately (You can rename later so it isn't a big deal, but might as well do it now)
When you get to the Association Menu click "Click here to add/import real players and teams"
Pick a team to import
Change "Assign To" to the appropriate team
Click Import All Listed Players
Repeat for the rest of your teams

Post #: 5
RE: New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions - 7/10/2006 5:53:20 AM   
Tigers Roar

Thank You hano!

I just hadn't gone far enough in the process. I figured it had to be there somewhere.

Thanks again.

(in reply to hano13)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> New Simmer here, setting up Association Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI