Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intermittent sound/message bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Intermittent sound/message bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intermittent sound/message bug - 7/22/2000 8:46:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I find that sometimes I have an attack without soundor a message. A unit fires or close assaults and the defender takes losses but there is no sound or message. At first I thought that when I clicked on the F key nothing happened and I must have just failed a moral check or something. Then I realized that the defender's numbers had gone down, indicating that the attack had successfully occured. This happens a few times each game. It only happens for adjecent attacks I think. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.
Post #: 1
- 7/22/2000 9:19:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Yes, Larry, but very rarely. I wonder if there is some sort of overrun of sound files that sort of cancel each other out. Its only happened a few times and usually when a lot of sounds seem to be involved at once. That is a guess on my part...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 2
- 7/22/2000 9:44:00 PM   
Elvis

I've experienced something similar, perhaps the same thing. It has happened to me only when a tank or other AFV fires more than one machine gun AND its main gun at another unit in the same hex, or an adjacent hex when returning fire after a failed infantry assault. What happens is the machine guns make no sound, and the "tracer" effect isn't there, but the sound/graphic returns when the main gun fires. Sometimes there are message boxes when the machine guns fire, sometimes not. Memory issue perhaps? Its almost as if the computer doesn't have time to make sure the sounds "catch up" to what's going on within the game engine. ------------------ alea iacta est [email]sooperduk@hotmail.com[/email]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 3
- 7/22/2000 9:48:00 PM   
Seth

I've only seen it once. It was fairly long range fire by the AI. I didn't return fire, but his second shot had no sound. The next unit he moved had sound though.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 4
- 7/22/2000 10:24:00 PM   
Major_Johnson

I find that when moving vehicles their maxium distance on any type of road (paved or dirt) the sound may last for 4-5 hexes then stops and there is silence for the rest of the hexes. It doesn't really bother me, it's just an observance. ------------------ MJ We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 5
- 7/22/2000 10:45:00 PM   
Seth

Well, I think your unit's move takes longer than the sound file lasts. Unless you're saying it gets cut off, which I haven't seen. It's kind of annoying to have to listen to a sound six or eight times because you're moving a hex at a time. Just to be clear about my above message, the shot information and little explosion graphics still showed up, just no sound.

(in reply to Larry Holt)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Intermittent sound/message bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI