Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

changing a player's position

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> changing a player's position Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 4:56:54 PM   
rowech

How do you do this? Just play the guy there and he improves or do you have to somehow change it?
Post #: 1
RE: changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 5:07:54 PM   
SittingDuck

Play him there and after some time he will 'qualify' for the position.  Then his ratings for it will change somewhat.

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 2
RE: changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 5:26:28 PM   
rowech

alright...thanks.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 3
RE: changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 7:02:20 PM   
Amaroq

Every game you play him at a position will slightly increase his ratings; I think they'll go up about a point every two to three games. Eventually, they'll 'max out' at the level that he has in his primary position; as he draws close to that level, the game will start listing him as, say, a 2B/SS instead of just a 2B.

If you are a GM, not a manager, you can use the 'Lock Batting Order and Position' checkbox (from the Player Usage screen) to force him to play the new position.

There are three minor problems with this area:
1. If you qualify a guy in a third position, he will lose ability at his second position - even if he's been playing it every day for five years. So, if you had A-Rod as a SS/3B, and trained him to play 1B as well, he would become a SS/1B, even if he'd been playing 3B regularly and hadn't played SS for five years.
2. Last I checked, the game still thought of the player by his primary position, for things like the AI trade evalutaion, AI lineups, All-Star ballot, Gold Glove, etc. I'm not sure if Shaun made any improvements to that with PS-2006 or not.
3. You can't use the minor leagues to train a guy in a new position, which feels a bit backwards. I mean, I'd rather train every player in two positions in the minors, and have none who are learning a new position in the majors, but in the game, you can only train a new position at the major-league level).

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 4
RE: changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 7:14:46 PM   
rowech

I definitely agree on point 3. 

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 5
RE: changing a player's position - 7/17/2006 7:50:14 PM   
SittingDuck

+2 on #3

(in reply to rowech)
Post #: 6
new secondary/tertiary position - 7/17/2006 8:16:22 PM   
sposfan

There is, I believe a workaround for the tertiary position. All you have to do is open the player card, select edit bio and switch the order of his 2 positions. This SHOULD have the effect of when he learns a 3rd position, he will lose his new secondary position (his old primary position). He still won't have all three, but he will at least keep his newer one.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 7
RE: changing a player's position - 7/19/2006 4:52:51 AM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq
3. You can't use the minor leagues to train a guy in a new position, which feels a bit backwards. I mean, I'd rather train every player in two positions in the minors, and have none who are learning a new position in the majors, but in the game, you can only train a new position at the major-league level).

Agreed, that is something I need to look at for PS 2008.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to Amaroq)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> changing a player's position Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI