Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Copy/Paste

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Copy/Paste Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copy/Paste - 9/7/2006 6:54:22 AM   
bstarr

is there any sort of copy/paste tool in the scenario editor? It sure would make designing larger scenarios a lot easier if you could simply add the chopper/planes/missiles/etc to a ship and then copy it as many times as you needed rather than go through the whole process again. Ditto that for bases and ammo bunkers.

Post #: 1
RE: Copy/Paste - 9/7/2006 8:59:58 AM   
hermanhum

There is NO Copy / Paste function in the Scen Editor.

In the new ANW Scen Edit, there is a new function. After you insert a unit (plane, ship, sub, facility, or installation), you can hit Cntl+A and then click again on the map. This will insert a second unit exactly like the last one you just added.

Unfortunately, it will only insert a unit from the Database. This means that if you insert an ammo dump, load it with weapons, and then hit Cntl+A, the next ammo dump to be added will be unloaded.

The PlayersDB will be trying to make this even easier in the future with pre-constructed Installations. This way, you can insert a completely pre-fabricated base at the click of the mouse.

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 2
RE: Copy/Paste - 9/7/2006 10:35:03 PM   
bstarr

quote:

The PlayersDB will be trying to make this even easier in the future with pre-constructed Installations. This way, you can insert a completely pre-fabricated base at the click of the mouse.

That is an excellent idea. Even if the prefab base isn't exactly what the scenario designer has in mind, he would have something to start with and could delete or add as needed.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Copy/Paste Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI