Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial 3 - Sensors question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Tutorial 3 - Sensors question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 1:02:20 AM   
Vyshka

Last night I played through tutorials 1 & 2, and then moved on to # 3. In the manual
it talks about the contacts being ESM, and showing up in the unit report, but I believe
all of my contacts were either through passive sonar, or visual. The Exeter never turned on its ECM as we passed each other either. Did I do something wrong or is this the current state of the scenario? I did have my radar active when Exeter was in the vicinity.
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 1:25:39 AM   
hermanhum

I looked in the scen and the Exeter does have a waypoint where the sensors are assigned to turn on.  I ran it through and did see them go on and then turn off.

Now, I don't know why you did not get an ESM contact when they turned on.  There was another problem reported on this Tutorial here.  You cannot get any aerial contacts due to the fact that the planes dove below the radar horizon.

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 1:36:31 AM   
hermanhum

Did a quick repair on the Tutorial and ordered the aircraft to high altitude.  When I tested it, their radar was detected by the frigate's ESM systems.  However, I cannot explain why the radar from the Exeter was not detected in the same manner.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 2:00:32 AM   
Vyshka

I got a visual on an airbus as it zipped right by me, and I don't know if I ever had contact with the 2nd aircraft. I will run through again and see if I just missed the Exeter lighting up.

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 10:34:38 AM   
Vyshka

Okay, I saw emissions from the Exeter when I ran the scenario tonight. I am guessing the problem was that the unit report doesn't update, so you need to close it and open it again to refresh the information and I just had it sitting open last night. What does an asterick next to a sensor mean in the detected emissions section?

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 5
RE: Tutorial 3 - Sensors question - 7/14/2006 10:43:14 AM   
hermanhum

[Late edit] My mistake. I mis-read the question.

The asterix (*) symbol in the Detected Emissions area of the Report window indicates that the particular radar system detected on that unit is active.

I thought that you were referring to the (*) next to the icon. That symbol indicates that you are receiving jamming / ECM from the unit.

Sorry.

< Message edited by hermanhum -- 7/14/2006 11:29:01 AM >

(in reply to Vyshka)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Tutorial 3 - Sensors question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI