Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The CBBA (Sandlot Assoc.)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> The CBBA (Sandlot Assoc.) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The CBBA (Sandlot Assoc.) - 7/30/2006 11:55:12 AM   
Captainfirst

Clearly I am someone with way too much spare time on his hands, because, after
one season of running an "all-eras" football league, I've gone and added a baseball
counterpart- the Continental Better Baseball Association. (Not to brag, but through week 4 of the 2nd football season, its pages have had over 4000 hits since going live).

Rather than put all of the details here, I'll give you the highlights- if you want more
details, you can follow the link I'm posting.

The short version-

Created a 12-team assoc. that was seriously unbalanced from a competition standpoint
after the first month of play. It was stocked with 1000 players from all decades. I "owned"
and General-Managed the Dallas team. After the first month, we were 10-14, which I felt wasn't too bad. But, like I said, the balance between the twelve teams was not good at all.

So- I rebooted the whole thing. Went to 16 teams and 1500 players. Took over the Seattle team. Just played the new Opening Day games. Despite having the lowest payroll
of all sixteen teams, we were ranked #1 after Spring Training, and if I do say so myself.
I've put together a damn fine team. Looking foward to a fun first season.

(I own and GM only, because I have no concept of how to properly field-manage a baseball team. Over on the gridiron, it's a different story, where I've taken a team that
was 4-14 in season one, and we're 2-2 after the first month. Football, I know how to coach.)

Like I said, that's the short version. If the CBBA is anywhere near as successful as the CFFL has been, I'll be very pleased, and perhaps, just a little bit proud.

The baseball pages are at:

http://thecffl.tripod.com/thesffa/

(From there, you can reach the football pages, and some other goodies of mine.)

Hope some of you folks here get a kick out of the CBBA!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker >> The CBBA (Sandlot Assoc.) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI