Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ballparks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ballparks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ballparks - 7/30/2006 6:43:24 PM   
Nukester

Is there anyway to get the stadium dimensions to go above 475 ft ? Is there something I have to mess with in the graphical portion in order to get fences farther out or is it something that cant be done ?

Ive created all 16 ballparks that were in use in 1903 (only wall distance and height, not the graphics layout, which I dont really care about since I only sim), but places like West Side Grounds or Hilltop Park cant be created correctly due to the 500+ ft wall distances being set back to 475 ft.

Also, do the wall distances make a difference as far as simulating goes (less HR's in bigger parks) or is it strictly a PbP thing ? In other words does the wall distance and height calculate into some sort of park factor, or is it all show ?
Post #: 1
RE: Ballparks - 7/30/2006 6:49:09 PM   
henry296

Wall distance plays a role.  Sometimes the PBP says that would've been a HR in most parks.  Also, with the Pirates I had Jimmie Foxx and he hit less HRs than real life because of Forbes Field.

< Message edited by henry296 -- 7/30/2006 7:01:29 PM >

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 2
RE: Ballparks - 7/30/2006 6:56:42 PM   
SittingDuck

Well, any LH sluggers who enjoyed the Polo Grounds would have hit a good bit less HRs in other parks. Not mentioning any names here... *shhhh*

< Message edited by SittingDuck -- 7/30/2006 6:57:36 PM >

(in reply to henry296)
Post #: 3
RE: Ballparks - 7/30/2006 7:04:42 PM   
Nukester

quote:

ORIGINAL: SittingDuck

Well, any LH sluggers who enjoyed the Polo Grounds would have hit a good bit less HRs in other parks. Not mentioning any names here... *shhhh*

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 4
RE: Ballparks - 7/31/2006 4:09:32 AM   
Hitandrun

Walls do make a big difference in this game. When I first got the game I set up a deadball association (don't remember what year) and simmed a year just to check out how accurate the stats were. I looked at the HR leaders and I couldn't believe it. The leader had 60 something HRs. Other people had HRs in the 40's and 50's. Then I noticed most of the leaders played for the same team. So I looked at their ballpark and their walls were only about 250 ft all around. I then went thru and fixed all the ball parks to the correct distances as well as I could and simmed the next year. HRs were pretty normal, I believe the leader had 15 that year.

< Message edited by Hitandrun -- 7/31/2006 4:10:49 AM >

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 5
RE: Ballparks - 7/31/2006 4:22:18 AM   
33sherman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hitandrun

Walls do make a big difference in this game. When I first got the game I set up a deadball association (don't remember what year) and simmed a year just to check out how accurate the stats were. I looked at the HR leaders and I couldn't believe it. The leader had 60 something HRs. Other people had HRs in the 40's and 50's. Then I noticed most of the leaders played for the same team. So I looked at their ballpark and their walls were only about 250 ft all around. I then went thru and fixed all the ball parks to the correct distances as well as I could and simmed the next year. HRs were pretty normal, I believe the leader had 15 that year.

Same thing happened to me, which is why I don't recomment some of those early parks like South Side Park for the White Sox (though I appreciate that soemone made them, they ARE historically accurate). Better to start off with a more normal dimensioned park so you don't get stats that are too off.

(in reply to Hitandrun)
Post #: 6
RE: Ballparks - 7/31/2006 6:17:51 AM   
Nukester

Yeah thats what Im running into too. Even with the HR setting in the engine cranked down to 20, my HR leaders are still way way way too high. For one thing all of the leaders were on the Phillies and played in the Baker Bowl. Even though my wall distances are historically correct, because of the short porch, they had very inflated HR numbers. I may just bite the bullet and go to a generic neutral park for everyone.

(in reply to 33sherman)
Post #: 7
RE: Ballparks - 7/31/2006 6:23:37 AM   
33sherman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukester

Yeah thats what Im running into too. Even with the HR setting in the engine cranked down to 20, my HR leaders are still way way way too high. For one thing all of the leaders were on the Phillies and played in the Baker Bowl. Even though my wall distances are historically correct, because of the short porch, they had very inflated HR numbers. I may just bite the bullet and go to a generic neutral park for everyone.

Most of the historical parks work fine--Shibe Park, for example.

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 8
RE: Ballparks - 7/31/2006 6:48:46 AM   
Nukester

Yeah maybe Ill just move some teams around to parks they played in later in history. Id really rather not play with a generic stadium for everyone

(in reply to Nukester)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ballparks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI