Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a few observations.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> a few observations. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a few observations. - 8/5/2006 5:57:42 PM   
andym

Having played a few scenarios,i have a few observations.Firstly it would help if you could toggle on and off the range of HQ's and highlight their subordinate units,like the LOS and movement ranges.Also is there anyway of importing sound files?I only ask as the present files that play reports such as "contact" etc arent particulary brilliant.i think it would make the game a lot more atmospheric if there were a few more background "radio traffic" files.Im still having a bit of a hard time with the Artillery,im sure it it will come to rights in a few games time.Im off to trash some sov tanks.

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
Post #: 1
RE: a few observations. - 8/5/2006 8:56:57 PM   
CapnDarwin

Andy,

If you right click a HQ units (units with little flags on them in most cases), there is an option to show command radius and also to show subordinate units. In the audio file are the sounds. They are .WAV files so make your own if you have WAV editing capability. There is no way without programming to add "more" messages beyond what the game has, but you could make them longer. Arty is a matter of knowing what to shoot when. From a NATO standpoint I use mines and ICM to bust up massive Soviet formations. Smoke at times also can be advantageous since the Soviets can't see through it. From the Soviet side it is a matter of using large amounts to disrupt dug in NATO forces. Smoke is semi-effective and ICM is rare. mines again can slow or channel NATO assaults.

If you have any other questions, just shout. We have a good group of players who can help out.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 2
RE: a few observations. - 8/5/2006 10:46:07 PM   
andym

Cheers Capn,i think im getting the hang of Arty!Didnt really get to use my air units much as the were downed in quick time.I have put some screen shots of the Sov Tank rush scenario in the aftermath reports section.

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> a few observations. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI