Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Finding draft order

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Finding draft order Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 4:08:48 AM   
XCom

Is there a way to determine the draft order in a Puresim Classic league before the draft starts? I can't find it listed anywhere. The only way I can get it is to save my league file, run the draft (all the way through ) to see the order, then re-copy my backup files to the psa folder. A bit cumbersome really. I want to either be able to post a draft order for my multiplayer league or tell my owners where to look in their local copy so they can set their draft tendancies accordingly.
Post #: 1
RE: Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 5:01:01 AM   
XCom

Okay, it appears that the draft order is randomly generated each time the draft is run. I ran it three different times to test and got three diffrerent orders. This doesn't make sense to me. How is anybody supposed to plan or strategize for a draft if they have no idea where they are going to be picking? I guess since there is no way to stop the draft once it starts anyway it's kind of pointless after the first round or so. I think there is alot that could be done to improve the drafting for multiplayer leagues like giving the option for the draft to run pick to pick and having the Commissioner enter the selections, having a set draft order that is easily accesible to all owners before and during the draft, and allowing owners to submit player lists in addition to draft tendancies. None of this seems too complicated and I've seen all of these things implemented in other simulations.

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 2
RE: Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 5:39:53 AM   
KG Erwin

Yes. The draft order IS randomized. There is NO seeding.  That's just the way it works.   This feature wasn't designed for multi-player.  It was designed for solo play. 

This is why current multi-player leagues use the sandbox mode for set up.   Ask Sitting Duck for more details.

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 3
RE: Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 6:19:05 AM   
XCom

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Yes. The draft order IS randomized. There is NO seeding.  That's just the way it works.   This feature wasn't designed for multi-player.  It was designed for solo play. 

This is why current multi-player leagues use the sandbox mode for set up.   Ask Sitting Duck for more details.

Okay, so after looking a little more deeply at Sandbox mode I see that you can select player by player in the draft. But unless I am missing something here, it still must be done all in one sitting and you still have no idea of the draft order until your pick comes up. At least that is an improvement over where I was a few hours ago. Thanks for the heads up, KG.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 6:53:27 PM   
Deltadog

Is the randomized draft just for initial drafts or after the first and future seasons is it still done this way or to order of finish for the prior season come into play?

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 5
RE: Finding draft order - 8/28/2006 8:49:04 PM   
XCom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deltadog

Is the randomized draft just for initial drafts or after the first and future seasons is it still done this way or to order of finish for the prior season come into play?

I believe that amateur drafts during a season are based on previous season record. I am only talking about the initial dispersal draft in an online multiplayer league.

(in reply to Deltadog)
Post #: 6
RE: Finding draft order - 8/29/2006 1:43:21 AM   
SittingDuck

Well, you don't have to do it all in one sitting.  The work-around is that you Cntl-Alt-Del out of the draft when you are ready to call it a day.  The next time you start up, however, the program will ask if you want to continue with the draft (yes) or 'no', meaning that it will delete the league.

I've found with this version if you just hit 'yes', it will reload to the appropriate spot but you are left, I believe, at the main menu.  So you can restart whenever you want.

I really don't know why the option was never given to suspend the draft.  The draft is extremely unfriendly to multi-player and not so nice to single player either, unless you know the work-around.

(in reply to XCom)
Post #: 7
RE: Finding draft order - 8/29/2006 5:09:47 AM   
XCom

Ah, thanks SittingDuck.  That does work, so it at least gives a way to move in and out of the draft.  Now if only there was a way to find the draft order before the draft.

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Finding draft order Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI