Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New display ViewSonic VA902

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> New display ViewSonic VA902 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New display ViewSonic VA902 - 9/3/2006 6:43:47 PM   
Fossiili

I changed my old CRT display to new LCD ViewSonic VA902. Altough other games like WinSPWW2 look good, SPWAW is foggy (I do not mean the fog-of-war).

Does it help if I install SPWAW again?
Post #: 1
RE: New display ViewSonic VA902 - 9/4/2006 12:38:37 PM   
StefanE

The foggyness (is that a correct english word?) is probably caused by the fact that LCD-screens has a fixed number of pixels, for instance 1400x1050. When used in any other setting, like 800x600 which SPWaW uses if I remember correctly, it has to 'emulate' that setting by using it's fixed pixels. The result is quite often a blurry image.

You can try for yourself if thats the problem by setting the screen resolution to any other setting than maximum and then start Word and look at the characters. If they look blurred and foggy you have identified the problem.

Good luck

/Stefan

(in reply to Fossiili)
Post #: 2
RE: New display ViewSonic VA902 - 9/4/2006 10:07:36 PM   
Fossiili

quote:

ORIGINAL: StefanE
The foggyness (is that a correct english word?) is probably caused by the fact that LCD-screens has a fixed number of pixels, for instance 1400x1050.

"foggyness" - blurred were a better word.
The native resolution of VA902 is 1280*1024. Of the three war games I play most often SPMBT and WinSPWW2 the situation is much better than with SPWAW, becouse even when I installed it again I could not find any method to choose the resolution the game uses. Probably we only have to live with SPWAW as it is. Earlyer SPWW2 even looked terrible but while playing one can forget that and just enjoy the gaming! No need of HDTV

(in reply to StefanE)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> New display ViewSonic VA902 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI